Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 Rut activity

Hybrid View

2014-15 Rut activity

Haven't seen any chasing as of yet
    Anyone else see any rutting activity if so list where you are from please

I have sat in my stand Sun, Mon, Tue, & Thurs this week and had multiple does and little bucks out at the same time but they are basically ignoring each other. I don't think any rut activity has begun in the Delaware Co. area. I thought maybe with the colder evenings and that full moon there would have been some early action but I haven't seen it.

As of last weekend in Ashtabula Co. no rut activity to report. deer seem to be in a bulking up period and no surprise to me. I would be looking for food sources and leave the rut go until about Oct. 31. I will be making mock scrapes this weekend.

I have seen a couple scrapes. Other than that just normal activity.

I'm in Geauga county and I have some rubs and scrapes and have seen some smaller bucks locking their horns but nothing else.

I found one small scrape going to one of my stands here in Ashtabula Co. I made 3 mock scrapes at my 3 stands. I will see what happens. waiting for Oct. 31st to come.

Nothing in Allen county saw a little buck at dark come into the beans and feed and kept looking back in the corn but nothing showed. I think after this front this week pushes through mite start seeing more scrapes and rubs.

Went out Sat. and Sun. morning during muzzle loader season with my bow. I made 3 mock scrapes on Sat. 2 were hit by bucks with in 24 hrs. tried to put video on here of buck tending my scrape at my stand on Sun. but it said it was too long about 5 min. so I guess maybe some bucks are interested already. I am waiting for about Oct 31 that is always my target date.

I've seen multiple scrapes and one rub... I have yet to see a deer this season though...
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKHUNTER30-06 View Post
    Went out Sat. and Sun. morning during muzzle loader season with my bow. I made 3 mock scrapes on Sat. 2 were hit by bucks with in 24 hrs. tried to put video on here of buck tending my scrape at my stand on Sun. but it said it was too long about 5 min. so I guess maybe some bucks are interested already. I am waiting for about Oct 31 that is always my target date.
    Did you make mock scrapes with a dripper? I'm gonna hang a couple this week also!

Thanks
    Mike

Thread Information