Thread: 2014-15 Rut activity

Hybrid View

Out scouting a new area today. Found several fresh scrapes through out the area. Found a doe bedding area also. Found 1 tree I can get my climber in at the beginning of the funnel. To keep from being skylined I can only go up about 10 ft. Bumped deer while I was heading out of the woods. They were up and moving today.
    Rut is slowly getting ready. I will start setting all day this coming weekend.
    Good luck all

As I stated in warmer temp post saw a 6pt. with a doe going in to stand along fence line to the pasture. when in my swamp stand about 5:45pm had a doe walk out of thicket behind me. she waded in belly deep water. turned around and saw a shooter 8pt. behind her. all branches behind me in tree and on the ground. just couldn't find any shooting hole to take a shot. went out this morning tree swaying back and forth with the wind no deer. I did some trimming behind my stand. 1st time in this stand was saving for the rut. should get interesting this week end.

I was out all day Sunday. Was suprised to see two different small bucks in the morning chasing does pretty hard. But then on the other hand i hunted the evening 30 miles away and had a nice 8 come trough an hour before dark and he was only interested in eating acorns... Either way shouldnt be long before it fires up!

Thread Information