Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ohio bruiser

ohio bruiser

Well after watching this guy all year,it finally came together last night. I have so many photos of this buck from velvet to current. and I'm tickled to death to be able to harvest such a deer.

1 week into the ohio season and last night was the first night I've seen this deer in person. I knew it was a matter of time. From going through the trail cam photos I knew I had him daylight about once a week Gove or take some days. And on those day they were the coolest days of the time period. All week I've been waiting for this weekend , we had a great cold front pass in with the weather dropping over 20 degrees. Seem a lot of movement from the stand and on day 2 of this cold front he came in.

Day started out like a typical day. Slept in knowing I was goin on am evening hunt , even visited the pumpkin run car show. Finally got into stand in the evening and not 20 minutes in had a nice doe feeding in the creek below for a few. She eventually went back into the woodline. As I'm sitting in my stand with a nice crisp breeze blowing I thought to this is goin to be a good sit.

Well everything went quiet until right after 7pm when I caught a small 8 cross the creek and come into the little finger that leads up the backside of the field I'm hunting knowing he is on his way in through a heavy travel corridor. So as I do on most hunt I take a few pics maybe a video with my cell just to catch the moment. I watched this 8. Only 2.5yr old out to the ears cross the fence and walk into the fuel.he is there for about 10 minutes and I see him look back towards the gap in the barbwire and roll his head back and walk away as i turn to look back all I see is rack. Maverick as I call him has his head cocked sideways just to make it through the fence and he is coming my way. Finially gets within range and is facing right at me. I have my faktor turbo in hand and trying to keep my composure and be calm. What seems like a lifetime passes and he does just what I need turns broadside at 30 yards and I go full draw. I've always shot both eyes open and I swear I was holding 8 bows at this time, so I went to shoot with one eye knew what pin I needed and found it took a deep breath and muscle memory did the rest and arrow went sailing making an awesome double lung shot.

As I watched him sprint across the field and over the fence I knew he had been hit and been hit hard. He stopped just inside the sliver of woods and I heard him hit. As I'm standing there the 8 pointer never left the field and I catch him look past me and in comming is a small 10. They both stood minding they're own business as nothing had happened. Well all in all I didn't want to pressure this buck and decided to give him time just in case so backed and gave him about an hour. Some buddies showed up to help and we processed to find maverick. Found the arrow hurried in the grass covered in blood and started the 40 yard walk to fence where I seen him last. On that walk decided to look through the fence just to see and what do you know nothing but body and rack. BBD.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big21.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	10728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WGI_0399.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	10729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WGI_0002.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	10730
    MARINE CORPS 2111

Holy shit what is that going to score

How many points was he

congrats on an awesome buck there
    Plese measure them main beams, they look like there 30+ inches
    that will be one heck of a buck to top
    I love all its shapes
    , and just think now you can sleep in the rest of the season , sweet LOL
    again, great buck, and hats off to you!

That's one hell of a deer! Congrats! Once you get him scored...let us know
    I live life at full draw....

Awesome buck!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Hell of A deer and Trophy ! Let us know what it scores.

What a cool Buck! A Giant with a ton of character.... Congrats!

Anyone know where the Ohio rut update thread is?

that right there is a buck of a lifetime. Congrats.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Thread Information