Thread: Hunting in the wind?

Hybrid View

your right mrbb there are stands that just seem to produce deer most of the time. always hear
    of farmers going out 1st day of gun standing by there favorite tree and having a buck hanging back at the barn before noon. and not just 1 year but year after year. a lot is that the place is just an area where deer always travel all the time or get pushed by other hunters wind or no wind. we use to drive deer and have standers play the wind and a lot of the time the deer would run with the wind to their backs not into the wind and we would get fooled. so good cover scent is a must but, don't count on playing the wind as a sure thing when it comes to deer they will do a number on you when you least expect it.

Yea, I get the playing the wind thing... it seems like 2/3 people say only hunt when the wind blows this or that direction while you guys say to heck with it... so I'll probably keep doing what I have been.

My true question is in regard to wind velocity. On days when it's just plain stupid windy (not so uncommon up around Findlay), am I wasting my time? For one, arrows fly a little erratic in high winds... and it's just plain noisy out in the woods!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

Thread Information