Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PA closed deer hunting

Hybrid View

PA closed deer hunting

OK I know most of you's here are all from Ohio
    But did any of you's see how the PA game Commision, closed archery /hunting in bunch of area's due to the man hunt for the cop shooter!
    even on Private lands its NOW illegal to hunt there??
    Man that to me would suck big time
    with today being opening day of archery
    wait all yr and then have it closed up on you due to some nut case!
    never seen this happen any where before
    any one have any opinion's??

Didn't hear about it is this the same guy from last week

well its been a few weeks now that the man hunt has been going on
    but its for the sdame guy
    he shot and killed one st trooper and wounded another
    they have found a bunch of pipe bombs he left in the woods where they think he ran into, and o r is still hiding now
    Its BIG foods up that way, I'm very familiar with the area, actually have been in the state police barracks where the shooting actually happened a few times over the yrs with work
    huge tracts of un developed lands, and huge swamps, many 15-25,000+ acres tracts, many belong to gun.hunting clubs and others state and ferdral lands

here are a few links to the closing

http://wnep.com/2014/10/01/hunting-s...-manhunt-area/

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/portal/se...unity/pgc/9106
    Last edited by mrbb; 10-04-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Yeah that would piss a lot of folks off but I guess it is for there saftey

I think if they closed season here for that, guess what...looks like I'd be hunting the man that took my bow season! Lol!
    I live life at full draw....

Yeah I'm not sure what I would do??
    To be honest, I some what think, having hunters in the woods, might maybe help them find him?
    Afterall, everyone here knows what 's going on, so anyone that would hunt that area, would be knowing they are taking the risk, would like tothink it should be there call
    we here in Pa are legally allowed to carry a hand gun with a CCP,
    and I do think this jerk there looking for, might not want to give up his location by fighting with a hunter
    who is armed, with a bow/x bow, or maybe a handgun?
    :
    and hell, they do not even know for sure he is in this area
    lots of rumors stating he fled to Canada and is there now?
    no one has even seen him since the shooting, and that was weeks ago

OH WELL hope they get him soon for the people up that way
    heard on the new, they are doing random home searches without warrents too
    Humm?? On that but its true

I agree mrbb, hunters in the woods would probably be a good thing. Even if they don't get in a "gunfight" with him they could call in their location. On top of that the whole point of hunting is to go undetected right, so...your sitting in your treestand completely camo'd out, and you see this shmuck walking through the woods carrying all his gear. Something outta go off in your head and say "wait I think that's that nut that was shooting cops!" I think I should call the police and let the know where he's at, I mean after all he can't see me I'm 20 ft in the air looking like a tree. And as far as searching homes without warrants... Sounds like a lawsuit in the making...If its happening that is
    I live life at full draw....

Quote Originally Posted by zachc View Post
    I agree mrbb, hunters in the woods would probably be a good thing. Even if they don't get in a "gunfight" with him they could call in their location. On top of that the whole point of hunting is to go undetected right, so...your sitting in your treestand completely camo'd out, and you see this shmuck walking through the woods carrying all his gear. Something outta go off in your head and say "wait I think that's that nut that was shooting cops!" I think I should call the police and let the know where he's at, I mean after all he can't see me I'm 20 ft in the air looking like a tree. And as far as searching homes without warrants... Sounds like a lawsuit in the making...If its happening that is
    well the searches are taking place without warrents
    I gather the reasosn is they can claim ?? they have reasonable caue, or that's what they told a person I know that lives there, when they when thru there houe, now twice, and have been going down there street doing the same
    they also have had non stop road blocks too, so traveling in the area is a major isue too
    schools have been closed a bunch, football game's relocated to schools far a way
    they did find some home made pipe bombs in the local woods
    and belive they are from the suspect
    some were some pretty mean mad one's too, showed em on the local news

but who nows what he ,ight have left behind while trying to get away

and agree, its not many hunters today that don't carry a cell phone with them into the woods
    and could be a great source of help finding him maybe
    I know they are doing some serious adding, with the costs of this man hunt
    they have hundreds of police from all over
    tax payers are already worried about the bills?
    so maybe hunters could be some sort of free labor ??
    after all, again, it would be the unter KNOWING the risks, if they wanted to still go out or not
    crime can be any where, and from what I read the Game dept, will NOT re open the area unless he is caught
    so that can mean, if he never gets caught this yr
    its a total loss to hunt for the folks in that area

and again, maybe 50% of that land is owned by hunting clubs!
    so I have to think there not happy at all!
    I feel bad for them
    as I know the csts of owning land and ding food plots and such
    being shut down, is expensive , and heck hunting season only comes about once a yr!
    traditions for so many!

I hunt Ohio but live here in pa not that far from where Mr. Frein is holding out in the woods. it has been 3 weeks now and only saw him one time at 75yds and still couldn't catch him. he is a survilalist well above the state police and FBI. I would bet on a person with outdoor skills any day then the police or FBI. They even found soiled diapers and can't claim or deny they were used by him to stay in one spot and not be detected. they found a couple who were in the area and they said Friend started to approach them and had a rifle and hand guns on him at the time. if they let all the camo hunters afield Mr Frein would be able to slip out of there with not much of a problem. I think they should let the national guard go in there they would have more training for that then the state police or FBI. I do feel for the many Pa archery hunters not being able to hunt. it covers 7 townships and 3 game lands. hunting property is hard to find and now a lot of public land is closed. I would rather see a hunter not get a deer for a while then to never have the chance again. Mr. Frein is not all there and who knows who he might shoot. even when the Pa hunters can hunt again can you imagine how spooked the deer will be from all the people walking the woods every day looking for him. a mature buck may not only go nocturnal but may leave the area for awhile. hope they catch him soon and he doesn't shoot someone else.

On the 6am news here today they say they have a new lead and are closing in on Mr. Frein. so maybe it will be over shortly and everyone can go back to normal and the hunters can archery hunt again.

Thread Information