Thread: Weather

Weather

Does this cold front have the deer moving in your area if so what times and what

well its for sure colder here today than yesterday, was 70 yesterday and low 50's today
    I have a lot of apple tree's in my yard
    and yesterday I had deer in the yard off and on all day
    today, first deer were here at fist light then about evey 3 hrs so far today
    was rather funny, I had deer in the yard at like 4 pm, and had a bow hunter walking down the side of my yard, deer spotted him right off
    he kept going I don't even think he seen the deer, but they sure seen him!, and went the other way into the woods when they left!
    I think there on to him already LOL
    so, cannot say weather made a difference here
    its all about food now!

Where I am hunting right now temp is 45 real feel is 37 big difference in temps haven't been out long maybe a hour or so haven't seen a deer yet but hopeful

I got to my spot later than I wanted to on Saturday evening and saw 2 deer by my stand as I was walking there. I didn't let that deter me. I got to my stand and was all settled in by 5:54. By 6:15 I shot my second doe of this young season. So, all my other evening hunts in this stand which had been 3 I wasn't seeing any deer until almost 7:00. So, I would have to say the cooler temps had them up and moving almost an hour earlier than when it was warmer.

I hunted Sat evening temps in the low 50,s here in Ohio and ran into a deer at about 5pm. at 5:45pm had a small 4pt. feeding in front of me in my stand. so I would have to say the cooler temps are getting the deer to get up and move earlier.

Thread Information