Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Sighting

Again agree with maybe not saying he knew it was a high fenced raised deer but still. Any hunter out there who tries to tell me he wouldn't have shot that deer, I would call his bluff! Wether you knew where it came from or not!
    I live life at full draw....

I actually hunt about a mile from where this kid shot that deer. There was actually four deer that got out when a wind storm dropped a tree on the 10ft fence. One was killed during bow season and then three were killed during gun season. The one in the article got the most attention but I have seen the other three and they are monsters as well. Rumor is there are still two out there but the outfitter that lost them isn't confirming or denying. From what I have heard all four people have been allowed to keep the heads for mounting but ODNR has taken the bodies for testing. At least two of them crossed the farm I hunt during gun season. I was obviously in the wrong place at the wrong time.

hey I'm not saying anyone would pass a buck like this up, LOL
    or even they should
    BUT I am saying, its not the same in any way shape or form, if this kid knew it was there and targeted that area due to this info of knowing its there, its NOT like he grew the deer, or found it on his own!, or just dumb luck walked into it
    and the info in that blog seems to state he knew it was there had trail cam pic's
    and well, like I said, I bet it was there cause he had bait out(NOT ILLEGAL IN OHIO)
    but took advantage of a pen raised deer maybe????

also, I would have hated to waste a tag on it and found out the state was taking it, or even the owner of it back!!
    as after all, it was his property that got loose and was killed by someone??
    like cow example
    if a neighbors cow landed in your cow pen and you killed it, odds are he can claim it back, and even maybe press charges on you killing it??
    again
    Food for thought!
    I'm glad the state let the folks keep them, IF that is true
    BUT to be honest I would have a hard time hanging the head in my home and bragging about being a trophy deer I worked for!

I mounted a buck I hit with my truck, too, BUT never said I hunted it LOL
    the mount has the hood Badge from my truck on it, t show it was a truck kill, and not a hunted buck kill
    world of difference to me??

but to each there own!!

glad to see a KID get one & lmao at the guy that has the high fence, i would tell him thanks for letting the common joe get a crack at a farm raised 20k buck...lol....not a fan of the fence's great to see mother nature set a few free

mrbb he could have been legal if he was hunting private land and hunting over bait that is still legal in ohio. Plus who cares that the deer was raised on a high fence operation. It was shot in the wild outside of the fences. I would have hunted that deer if I knew it was there as would anyone else. Though it was raised in the high fence outfit it was shot free range outside of the fences. So it is a good and legal kill in my book. I bet the ODNR is taking the carcasses not the meat for testing. The most likely want to check for Chronic wasting disease.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

well Nomad, I would care? lol
    and yes I know its legal to bait in ohio, and stated so in post,
    what the difference is to me, is that deer maybe spent most of its life eating care free off bait piles and hand out, hell could have ben hand fed for all we know
    and that is like shooting alost a pet?
    NOT a wild deer with wild insitncts,or smarts
    as for targeting it, cause it escaped from a pen?
    hey folks can do what they want, BUT in no way shape or form to me, would that be the same as hunting after a true wild deer?
    nor would the claim of killing a 200 inch deer be the same, its also why record books will not accept pen raised/high fence deer kills as such, which this is, so its not just me that thicks this way

it would have been anothernslightly different story, had he hunted not knowing it got loose, but I still would feel the same after he found out what he shot.
    its a fact, not a guess on my part, the state of ohio, can fine anyone who releases high fence deer into the wild, due to they can pass on sickness to WILD deer
    that is why IF they wanted to, they could take that whole deer, antlers and all off who ever shot it?
    I would think they would want the head for testing(brain matter), and then have to give back the rack, minus a cape???
    yes its a big buck, not saying other wise.
    just saying, its NOT the same as if he hunted for a wild free ranging deer.
    i've seen pen raised bucks up close and hand fed many??
    like almost shooting a pet some are, have little , lets say street smarts??
    I wouldn't have any pride in a kill of this sorts.
    that's me?? others can make that call, but??
    it is what it is?? no way around it
    your a pa resident, and know we have poachers??
    many poachers call there kills trohphy's too??
    still ain't hunting fair chase in my book, the above is an extreme example yes
    but???

Anyone still hunting? Been VERY slow on here lately....
    I live life at full draw....

I haven't even got started yet. Waiting for it to cool down. I did see a giant chasing does on Christmas eve.

Yes still hunting when I can if work permits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't had time to get out since gun season but plan on being out there starting tomorrow evening for a few days. I am finally getting does back on my trail cameras during the day. Have had a few shooter bucks pop back up too but all at night.

Thread Information