Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sighting

I got my first sighting of the year on Friday night... a doe with a fawn came by. I was getting ready to stand up (it caught me off guard) when a doe popped up on the other side of me and was curious what I was doing up in the tree! Next thing I know I hear a buck grunt as it came in... the first doe and fawn take off at that point. Next thing I know the second doe is gone and so is the buck... never got a good look at him, but didn't seem like a monster. Then on Saturday night a little 6pt or so slipped by right behind me...

It's good to finally see deer!
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

Added a few pictures of a buck I caught on camera last week. I haven't seen him in person yet but looking forward to it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MFDC1379.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	10743

Name:	MFDC1357.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	10744

Name:	MFDC1361.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	10745
    Last edited by Brownies; 10-20-2014 at 02:14 PM. Reason: more pics

Made it out Saturday morning.... six does came by just before 9:00 and then a small 4 pt. about 10 minutes behind them... Was my first sit in a new stand so relatively satisfied. Going to head back out for a good sit tonight.

I sat on a new piece of property I picked up right down the rd from me Sunday evening. Not as good as I thought it was going to be but maybe it'll heat up in a couple weeks. Anyways saw 0 deer but about 300 squirrels. And on a side note had about a dozen turkeys walk through the yard this afternoon.
    I live life at full draw....

Brownies, looks like you had all the bad luck. buck on camera can't shoot muzzle loader season, my ? would be if you have him on camera at 5:34 pm. where is your tree stand. look at the tree's directly behind the deer. if you don't have a stand there now I would put one there. if you are limited to one stand I would move it to that location. sometimes the obvious gets put on the back burner.

I appreciate all the help I can get still fairly new to stand placement and bow hunting. My stand is about 20 yards behind the trail cam so he was standing at about 25yds from my stand. I was unable to hunt that weekend or I probably would have had a shot. I am hunting a thin strip of woods about 100 yards wide that sits in between two corn fields. A creek just about cuts the woods in half and I have the stand placed off the creek looking back towards the cornfield to the south where he was standing. I was afraid of being too close to the trail if I setup on the tree line behind him in the pictures.

Here is a pic of a buck I got on camera. It is the first time I have ever seen this buck. He has some pretty cool character.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MFDC6449.jpg   MFDC6555.jpg   MFDC6901.jpg   MFDC6903.jpg  
    Last edited by ManOfTheFall; 10-21-2014 at 01:45 PM.

well was down the old farm, pulling some stands today and seen two very nice 8 pointers(mid 130's) a small 5 pointer and a spike buck, all bedded in one area
    they let me drive the ATV right past them, never even got up
    I was maybe like 40 yrds from them, running over branches and just making all the noise in the world, and they just laid there LOL
    must know I wasn't thunting them! ??
    and they were all about 60 yrds from one of my stands I had to pull!
    found a ton of fresh scrapes and rubs today too
    first time in the woods at this farm since March!
    place is tore up with buck sign
    OH well, no one is hunting it this yr, that I know of, other than trespasser's
    as I lost it!
    and do miss it, but that's life I guess!

but was ncie to see some nice bucks

I saw 2 does walking across a cut corn field on my way to work today. And about 11:30 tonight, on my way home from work, right down the rd from the house I saw a decent 8 standing about 30 yards off the rd in a bean field.
    I live life at full draw....

Went out opening day, sat for hours and only saw a dozen turkey and some ducks. Heading home, not more than half a mile from where I was saw 7 doe 40 yards from the road. All pretty small. Coming home from my daughters soccer practice last night saw a nice sized doe about 100 yards off a busy road behind an old abandoned farm house. Taking next Wednesday off, hoping to get lucky with some pre-rut activity.

Thread Information