Thread: score this deer????

score this deer????

just curious on opinions, I think hes young and still growing. but what do ya'll think he'll score?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT8746.jpg   PICT8757.jpg  

130"-140" range 3 1/2 year old deer. Very nice looking deer. Hopefully he makes it at least 1 more year.

I'd guess 130's, looks pretty even on both sides, decent time length, but not a lot of spread. Very nice buck tho. And will be a stud in a couple years.
    I live life at full draw....

I wish I could let him walk for another year. But the property he is on shares property lines with tar hollow. So I am flinging an arrow if I see him

Quote Originally Posted by hoopie View Post
    I wish I could let him walk for another year. But the property he is on shares property lines with tar hollow. So I am flinging an arrow if I see him
    well I fully understand this logic, as never know with letting one walk away
    BUT that said, you will never get the one you want by shooting one borderline with what you'd really like
    some times you have to look at it like this
    HE MADE IT THIS FAR!
    so maybe he will make it again

coming from PA< where any legal buck(meaning one antler longer than 3 inches) was the rule, everyone or many /most guys in PA for yrs shot the first legal buck they seen due to thinking, if they didn't someone else only would
    and all that did was for yrs and yrs and yrs, left the woods of PA< with few if any bucks older than 2 yrs old
    they have to age to grow
    and with the antler restricions and well new geneerations of hunters willing to let some walk
    its gotten better
    BUT it all starts with folks letting them have THAT chance to make it till next yr!
    shooting it just take's any chance it will ever have away
    and YOU from getting a bigger one, in a one buck per yr only state!
    also leaving LESS bucks of this size to grow into bigger one's next yr
    NOT bashing here at all, just adding some food for thought
    some times
    passing on a buck, is the only way to get a big one!??

if you let him walk there is a chance you will see him next year, but if you shoot him there is a 100 percent chance he will never get any bigger, just food for thought

Trust me fellas, I've let many deer in the 130's 140's range walk and never have seen them again. Probably 10+ deer. Do you guys know anything about tar hollow? The orange army invades it and shoots anything that walks.

I feel your pain
    I live and hunt in a high kill anything legal and a super high population of out of season huntters
    I let 4-7 120 class bucks a yr walk past me here, never to be seen again, well 99% of them are never seen again
    BUT liek I said, I will never get the BIG one I want if I shoot the borderline one;s
    and every so often I do kill a nice one!
    its all up to yoyu, and I am NOT saying DON"T shoot it if your happy with it
    I am saying, the ONLY way to ever get the BIG one, however is NOT shooting the smaller one's
    BIG one's make it every yr, and the more medium one's that folks let walk increase there ods of being a big one, and that increase's your odds of some day killing one
    shooting a 3-4 yr old, takes 3-4 yrs to get another one to that size
    its all about what you want and sticking to your guns
    never easy letting a nice buck walk
    but it is the best chance IMO you will ever have of getting to your goal of killing a big one!
    many BIG bucks are killed every yr on public lands, some are smarter and some are l;ucky I guess
    but some do make it!
    hang in there and some day it will happen!
    but takes help by letting them walk , as just leaves a nice one closer to being a big one for next yr!

Thread Information