Athletic Greens
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sw ohio mentor?

I would also ask if maybe he could get the grandson to let you know what/when he is hunting as well
    as again, having someone walk thru a set, can make tenpers flair LOL

working together is the best way when possible
    best of luck
    season is closing in fast now too!

I would even setup a time to meet grandson and get his number so you don't have to relay messages threw another person as sometimes words change and or just forgotten to relay it happens all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
    I would even setup a time to meet grandson and get his number so you don't have to relay messages threw another person as sometimes words change and or just forgotten to relay it happens all the time
    All good advice here. Meeting him and exchanging info would be the right move. Looks like you have scouted the area pretty well, while he is preparing for a wedding right? I would think he would love to see some of your trail cam pics and in turn perhaps he could share some tips on that piece of property. I know some hunters are not willing to share tactics, but worth a try. You could end up with a long-term invite to hunt his family land. Plus, as this site is evidence of, we all like to share our good and bad days in the woods... Doesn't take much to gain a new hunting buddy....

Quote Originally Posted by 213chrisp View Post
    That is exactly what I was referring to... also, the molasses is to help the deer find the minerals. I don't know if deer can smell a salt block, but I figured it would be a good way to introduce them to the minerals faster than if you left it alone... in addition, they also like the sugar, which is another attractant... it's just like putting out apples and other feeds.
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 9:3 View Post
    That is exactly what I was referring to... also, the molasses is to help the deer find the minerals. I don't know if deer can smell a salt block, but I figured it would be a good way to introduce them to the minerals faster than if you left it alone... in addition, they also like the sugar, which is another attractant... it's just like putting out apples and other feeds.
    Interesting might have to give it a try on new mineral site

updated pics from the trail cams i put up 2 weeks ago, cant wait to get out there and do some hunting...

and if you look hard enough, thats the tree stand in question just to the right of that tree on the right 1/3rd of the picture.

Thread Information