Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refletching arrows?

Yes many different ways to reflech arrows and many different preferences. If you don't want buy all the supplies and jig. Most bow shops will reflech them cheap also. Learning to reflech is a good skill to learn though.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

Sounds like I'll be playing around a lil bit to figure out what I like/works best. And definitely will be a good skill to know, considering I shoot, my wife shoots, and we have 3 (soon 4) lil ones already hooked on hunting. Our oldest will be 5 in Oct and we bought her her first compound. A Diamond Atomic, adjusts from 6-29 lbs and 12-24" draw length. Can't wait to see her face when she opens it up, her and our 3 year old walk around the house pretending to draw back and shoot different things, lol, I love it!
    I live life at full draw....

I've been fletching my own arrows for years. Its neat to add whatever wraps you like and your own vane preference. I found that a 4in feather shoots very well out of my bow. For my hunting arrows, I put as much offset that I can on the jig to get that arrow spinning. Too much offset and the vane won't sit and glue right to the shaft. Also, I found that when you insert the vane into the clamp, leave about a quarter inch space between the clamp and the trough of the arrow (where you lay the glue). This gets the vane seated better when you attach to the shaft.
    Buckeye Bowhunter Team Member
    www.buckeyebowhunter.com
    Destroyer 350

Here's a few that I just made up. Also, add a drop of glue to the end of the vane that is closest to the insert side. This protects the vane when you shoot it up to your fletchings in a target. Hope this helps!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arrows1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	10691

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arrows2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	10692
    Buckeye Bowhunter Team Member
    www.buckeyebowhunter.com
    Destroyer 350

Well so far I can't complain to much, I've fletched about 10 arrows and they've held out pretty good...knock on wood. Had a few fletchings come loose/off but nothing to crazy. I have found out that on some of them I've had to add a couple extra drops of glue.
    I live life at full draw....

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Make sure after you fletch your arrows that you put a dab of glue on the front and rear of the fletching. That extra glue helps keep those vanes from stripping off if they get a little too deep into your target, etc..

VERY easy to do yourself, don't buy new shafts if they are in good condition. I've been using an Arizona E-Z fletch jig for over 15 years with great results. The Bohning fletch tape is a God send and finish them off with a dab of Duco cement on the ends for extra security.

Well how much do you save cutting and fletching your own arrows

I know it's an old thread... but my biggest problem so far is not loosing my arrows! I don't think I've ever shot one enough that the vanes come loose...
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

I'm a big fan of the Arizona EZ fletch mini. Been doing my own arrows for the last couple years. Works great with blazer vanes
    Deer Crossing Archery staff shooter. Use my code: Luke99 to get 10% off @ deercrossingarchery.com

Thread Information