Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refletching arrows?

Refletching arrows?

Anyone refletch their own arrows? I have a few arrows that just need new fletchings and I was going to buy some new arrows but I got to thinking...the arrows are still good, why not just refletch them myself. Been shopping around for a fletching jig but not 100% on what i'm looking for. I watched a couple videos on how to do it and it seems easy but I thought I would see if anyone has any good/bad comments, also suggestions on a jig. Oh yeah and how does it compare as far as price of buying new, having someone refletch for you, or fletching yourself.
    I live life at full draw....

You can go 2 routes you can buy the speed fleching that you slide on your arrows and dip them in boiling water takes about 2 min to do a dozen or buy the jig bohening sells a nice one for about 40 bucks either way is way cheaper than buying new arrows because of fleching
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Yeah I've kinda liked at the wrap style but a lot of reviews were kind of iffy as far as durability. Anyone shoot those...

What a lot of people fail to realize or even notice that most arrows put on the market are the same wraps aka speed fleching most production arrows use wraps with the vanes allready attached but with the after market you get a Bette helixcoil than the factory which In turn will give you a tighter groups. But I've used them plenty of times never go out without a couple. But you can get the same result with fleching your own but if you don't get it rite you will know pretty fast
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Well I hope fletching my own works it cuz I just bought a jig (and accessories) on Ebay for about $30. So I'll be trying it out in a few days, lol.

Did you get the straight or the helixcoil

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Your jig should be adjustable. I shoot blazers and use a roughly 2 degree off set on my fetching. The 2 degree offset is not nearly as extreme as a helical fetching. Helical does not work very well with blazers since they are so short and stiff.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
    Your jig should be adjustable. I shoot blazers and use a roughly 2 degree off set on my fetching. The 2 degree offset is not nearly as extreme as a helical fetching. Helical does not work very well with blazers since they are so short and stiff.
    I agree and disagree for most hunting yea 2or 3 deg would work just fine. It's something he can play with since he has a jig. But I've seen field archers go as extreme as 5 deg with blazers but I use the helical on all my arrows with blazers and the shoot and group great so it's all open to interpretation what doesn't work great for one works awesome for someone else. It's something you just gotta play with. Good luck

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

This is true. Blazer recommends 2 degrees of offset or at least they did when I setup my jig. Typically though my accuracy issues are related more towards the guy behind the bow then from the arrow fetching. Great thing is once you start doing your own arrows you can try whatever you would like and see how it works. We both have different ideas on what works for us. Which is great that we can have those options.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Your rt about that there's about a 1000 ways to get the same result b

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Thread Information