Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shed build...

Hybrid View

Looks good. I am keeping it inexpensive and simple with mine. Architectural shingles and 5/8 t1-11 at this time. Eventually I will vinyl side the shed but my wife wants it to match the house.... The house needs new siding as well so until she can decide I went the simple route.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

“I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

That's a good day! Always nice to see the frame up. I built one some yrs back. I can say I wish I would have put it on concrete. Makes a world of difference. Mine was on 6x8 runners and had to be adjusted yearly from the settling or the door would stick. Looking forward to following the progress.

Thanks mike. We only had a few minor mistakes and learning areas along the way. But it went very smooth for a bunch of weekend warriors and one guy that has built a few structures here and there.

Inexpensive and simple is what I was after as well, which is why I went with the pole barn construction approach. The metal roof wasn't terribly more expensive than shingles and it won't need replaced in 30 years. You are off to a great start, it looks very nice. You will be glad you put it on a slab.

looking goo dthere Nomad
    and I think almost every one that builds these days is trying to save as much as they can LOL
    its a shame I think what the costs are nopw as to say just 10 yrs ago!
    but what can you do, but work with the budget you have!

Looking good what kind of budget do you have to have to build something like that

We planned 5k including the concrete with lots of wiggle room for the 12x20 shed and to close in a 4x18x8 space next to the garage. I way over bought on something's like nail gun nails. I can give more concrete numbers once I am done and extra things are returned.

Thread Information