Thread: Hunting contest

Sounds good to me..
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

Sounds good same rules as years prior have to post a pic of tag and only bow kills and the pic with you and deer and your bow in it

Sounds good, but I think the teams should be picked before the season starts. Picking after the season doesn't make much sense to me.

Contest are a great way to share your season with others. I do think adding a prize only creates problems. I would say bragging rights are enough. Another thing once the rules are established don't change something mid season for anyone.
    I MO
    carry on

Quote Originally Posted by gonehunting 45 View Post
    Contest are a great way to share your season with others. I do think adding a prize only creates problems. I would say bragging rights are enough. Another thing once the rules are established don't change something mid season for anyone.
    I MO
    carry on
    I agree a prize can sure make a fuss happen
    but since we seem to have a lck of action on this site anymore
    maybe a prize would get ore folks visitng the site, and maybe some might join in more often and contribute to the site as well?
    so a prize might help more than not!
    my 2 cents anyhow

I agree with both of you buy as long as the winning team gets the prize I don't think it should cause a fuss

I'm new to the site but this sounds like a great idea and a great way to see some pictures of Ohio deer. Count me in when the season starts.

I'm gonna have to say, if possible, a prize is always a good thing. All of the winning teams names are placed into a hat and draw for the winner?
    I live life at full draw....

Would the rules be like previous years 20 posts to be in contest

I'm in. Watched you guys compete last year and looked like fun. As far as prizes go - it would be fun, but somehow someone will not get what they should have and feel slighted. So in lieu of that, how about this: Once the winning team is announced the winners go out and treat THEMSELVES to a new hunting accessory of choice - they can then post a pic of their prize and brag ( in other words, do it for bragging rights!!). I can see it now.... if my team wins.... I am going to finally upgrade my "original butt-out" to the new "butt-out 2" I have had my eye on!! Speaking of the butt-out, my camp buddies and I have a standing joke about one of us harvesting a deer WITH a butt-out as our weapon! That's right.... So - I propose a 100 pt. bonus for anyone that gets a deer using only his/her butt-out. Kidding aside - the contest will make the season even more fun - Count me in.

Thread Information