Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hunting contest

Senior Member zach-the-deer-slayer's Avatar
    Pick teams before the season starts like years past. Seems like it worked well

Quote Originally Posted by zach-the-deer-slayer View Post
    Pick teams before the season starts like years past. Seems like it worked well
    Or pick teams prior but every year we have people fall off and never participate

Let's do this! I'm ready for this season

Sounds like a good time count me in. Even though I'm new and don't care about the rules. Just another reason to be in the stand or blind.

Is this site going to be working this year? Count me in if so. I'm skeptical

Count me in!! Hoping to tag out in WV and Ohio this season!

Ok guys. If your good with the way we did it last yr then I will get things together and have something up in a few days. We will have a sign in page then a place to post harvest pictures and tags. Look for it within a few days. Also, if your on a team make sure you participate. I know stuff happens that may keep you out of the field but just keep in touch with your team. We will have several prizes for the winning team this yr. hats,shirts and some products from our sponsors as well as BHO shirts. Gonna be a great winning prize for one lucky team.

Just my opinion you may want to do the contest the way you described the first time. I tried to run it it last year got 6 pics sent to me from the captain of the teams one team captain never sent one pic to me for the whole contest. And I made it clear at the beginning to every body so you would be better off drawing teams at the end and have you sign up like you said have a list of those that did have them post there pics there. I spent 5 hrs one night looking around for pics just to give them a mid season standing. So good luck with the contest I think I will go back to hunting and skip the rest of the other stuff. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by buckstalker17; 08-28-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

I think we're thinking about this to much. How bout mike makes the rules, since he's site administrator. And everyone else will either be in or be out. Either way we do it, i'm down!
    I live life at full draw....

Haha . I was just trying to help him out . So there will be little stress on him. I can promise only a 1/3 of the people will follow all the rules. And a 1/3 won't even show up after the teams are picked !! if he has the contest they way he described in his first suggestion I'm down """ but with a bunch of teams with capts I'm gonna stay out every year the same stuff happens.. so this member hasn't been in for ever. You never counted my harvest . Don't know how to post pics and yada yada archery tournaments have been doing blind draws for years. It's as fair as it gets !!!! imagine you get drawn and put on a team that had 2-3 guys that harvested a couple 12-14 pointers and you weren't fortunate enough to get even a doe it gives everybody a chance to win. Even someone who may be his or her first year going hunting they get a chance to win a prize I would say from a owner and marketing stand point it would be a no brainer no hunting web site I've ever seen is doing this IMHO if you have ever been to a archery shoot and watch a young man or women shoot or even a kid miss half there targets or have a low score and be all discouraged then they get paired with someone who shot great and get 1-2-3 place when you see there frown turn upside down you will understand what I'm talking about. I think some of us for get we were new to the hunting life style. And that all need to promote the sport of archery. Views and opinions seem to complicate even the smallest of topics. And I'm not sure what has caused the drop in traffic on BHO and I'm sure it will pick up in the coming weeks. The ends this weeks blog from buckstalker 17 haha
    Last edited by buckstalker17; 08-28-2014 at 12:45 PM.
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Thread Information