well Ok Mike, I watched the show last nite
was OK, nice buck you got there
but I still say TV hunting shows are way too much SHOW< than hunting
seems anyone IMO with enought $$ in there pocket can have a show, pay for guided hunts and have others do the work that leads into FINDING and setting up on mature deer
to em, it sadly sends the wrong message as to why to start hunting
its to me these days all aabout showing off what you did(not saying your doing this)
but yrs agao, hunting seemed to me more about the challange of doing IT ALL< yourself, learning how to out smart the game your after, and a more personaly challange
these days , seems like to learn how to hunt is about buying the top end gear they push in shows, only hunt prime land and only target big bucks
for folks that grew up and learned the how what's and why's
I think they can tell and know what things really are
but
what I see is generations of new hunters that have poor woodsmanship skills
a lot due to these shows IMO
that don't push woodsmanship skills at all
its all IMO about the gear, and hunting top prime places!
and they seem to have budgets that few average folks do, to spend on hunting
whch maybe why hunter numbers are down
as if you ONLY learned about hunting thru hunting shows(even mags these days)
the price tag they show to get started is very scary maybe to new possible hunters
or folks that just don't have access to prime lands
very very few eastern hunting on TV shows is ever done on Public lands, and that's sad to me
as that is where a TON of hunting really happens
and also
a hunter that can kill BIG bucks yr after yr on PUBLIC lands, is IMPO to me, maybe a more skilled hunter
the MAYBE type of guy that other possible or current hunters could learn a LOT more from

Maybe I'm just a dying breed here??
but hunting sadly isn't to me what it once was,a nd I guess I am not able to change with the current ways of hunters?? LOL

OH well
Hunting is a big boost to most state's economy's
so, always some good comes out of it , even if its not as it once was!