Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red arrow

I just set the DVR. I may have caught that episode but I can't remember. Maybe Kip needs a change of scenery. I own a farm in NE Ohio that I manage for QDM. I am surrounded by thousands of acres of private land filled with beans, corn and timber. Come up and get some footage, I have worked in the industry since 2005 and have some experience in front of and behind the camera.

well Ok Mike, I watched the show last nite
    was OK, nice buck you got there
    but I still say TV hunting shows are way too much SHOW< than hunting
    seems anyone IMO with enought $$ in there pocket can have a show, pay for guided hunts and have others do the work that leads into FINDING and setting up on mature deer
    to em, it sadly sends the wrong message as to why to start hunting
    its to me these days all aabout showing off what you did(not saying your doing this)
    but yrs agao, hunting seemed to me more about the challange of doing IT ALL< yourself, learning how to out smart the game your after, and a more personaly challange
    these days , seems like to learn how to hunt is about buying the top end gear they push in shows, only hunt prime land and only target big bucks
    for folks that grew up and learned the how what's and why's
    I think they can tell and know what things really are
    but
    what I see is generations of new hunters that have poor woodsmanship skills
    a lot due to these shows IMO
    that don't push woodsmanship skills at all
    its all IMO about the gear, and hunting top prime places!
    and they seem to have budgets that few average folks do, to spend on hunting
    whch maybe why hunter numbers are down
    as if you ONLY learned about hunting thru hunting shows(even mags these days)
    the price tag they show to get started is very scary maybe to new possible hunters
    or folks that just don't have access to prime lands
    very very few eastern hunting on TV shows is ever done on Public lands, and that's sad to me
    as that is where a TON of hunting really happens
    and also
    a hunter that can kill BIG bucks yr after yr on PUBLIC lands, is IMPO to me, maybe a more skilled hunter
    the MAYBE type of guy that other possible or current hunters could learn a LOT more from

Maybe I'm just a dying breed here??
    but hunting sadly isn't to me what it once was,a nd I guess I am not able to change with the current ways of hunters?? LOL

OH well
    Hunting is a big boost to most state's economy's
    so, always some good comes out of it , even if its not as it once was!

Haven't had time to watch it yet but have it dvrd so will watch tomorrow after work

They have a great show. Not really like the rest of them out there. I know kip personally and he's as real as they come. It's really a matter to what you want to see. There's shows that I'm not fond of that win awards every year so someone is watching it. Me...I'll take an old roger Raglin video any day of the week tho. He is very informative.

Well just watched the show not horrible good deer you got there how far was that shot

The one I actually shot was at 40 yrds. Hit him a little back but he didn't go far. The episode on this week has me missing a good ten ptr twice!! I was self filming and he came in really close! Had to spin the camera on the other side of the tree and as soon as he walked into frame I shot. Clipped a limb and went over his back. Second shot was rushed at about 30 yrds and I hit a tree about 1 1/2" around dead center. Talk about a let down! But that's what you get when you try to film and shoot by yourself. lol. Second shot was perfect too! Stupid tree!

How many episodes are you on

Two. Last week the showed my kill and this week was a miss I had in nov while hunting with them.

I set it to record also it is called ohio pt.2 thanks

well I watched part 2, and seen your Miss's there Mike
    its a wonderful thing when you get a second shot, sucks even more when you mess that one up too LOL

I have done that in the past too, only first shot was high, second was low, and THIRD was a tree branch
    and that buck offered me a 4th shot, but I gave up LOL
    figured he deseved a pass after I missed 3 times!
    miss's happen

Thread Information