Thread: Think somethings wrong...

Hybrid View

I doubt this would cause any issue with meat
    as most folks don't et meat about the face LOL

but it never hurts to keep a close eye on the meat when skinning, any infection or?? would travel from the face to the rest and should be seen in color issue's in its meat
    injuries happen all the time
    I haven't killed a deer up my way in yrs that didn';t have a bullet/or bullet wound in it, and the meat was fine
    some times I cut a bunch off about the area, but never been an issue
    and my buddy is a professional butcher that cuts mine up
    so I always express concerns to him, and he says, as long as it doesn't look infected, just remove bad(lump or scar tissue) and your good to go
    IF any bones look infected, thats another stry he says
    as once an infections gets into there bones it can spread thru the meat!??
    but I doubt it if he was sick, you would NOT beable to tell
    because between now and hunting season, if it was sick, it would be thin and showing signs I think of being ill!

The last two years I have cut deer up that had a green goo from some injury. One was a nice buck a guy shot up at camp and the injury/goo was right under the hide along the rib cage. The other deer I shot last year the middle of the rump roast had a sack of green goo in the middle of the roast. Cut the roast out threw it away cleaned my knife and finished up cutting the dear up. In the end everyone was fine no one got sick off of the meat. When I have the issue I just toss the affected cut of meat and move on.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information