Thread: Think we're off to a good start!

Hybrid View

well thanks for adding something to the site, its sure slow here anymore
    and yes looks like you got some nice bucks there
    best of luck with him keeping his pattern for the first few hunts and getting that arrow where you want it!
    I haven't seen many bucks this yr up my way, But haven't been looking much either
    last yr all I got mostly was doe and fawns in the yard, well that and bears and other critters, but deer wise, seems all I get are non bucks
    lots of fawns this yr and young animals of all species here

should be a good yr for hunters
    ME< I gave up hunting I think!, just like running cam's and enjoying the outdoors and others hunters stories and hunts!

Well as luck would have it, Big nose was out again this evening. As the rain let loose (once again) I just happened to look out the bedroom window and he stepped out of the woods and heard straight for the soybeans...at 8:25, about 45 minutes before dark! I finally broke out the video camera and got some really good footage of him as he fed 100 yards from the house with plenty of daylight. He eventually fed across the field right in front of the house and fed right off the driveway. I'm gettin' the itch fellas!!
    I live life at full draw....

good stuff zach. I havnt been out in the woods to do any scouting yet this summer. I have been buried in yard work and getting firewood ready for next year. Busy busy busy but the yard looks great and I am starting to free up finally. May have to go for a walk in the woods that I want to put a stand in. 5 min from home. Hopefully it is promising.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Looking good with some mass!

Big nose and the crazy rack buck came out yesterday evening at 7:55, fed out into the bean field in front of the house. Of course I grabbed the tripod and camera and snuck around the back of the house to get some footage of both of them. I was able to set up about 60-70 yards from them and got about 10 minutes of video...before someone fired up a 4 wheeler and they weren't having that! Took off back into the woods.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150720_094204.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	11086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150720_094241.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	11087

So I haven't had many pics of different bucks this year and big nose is about the only big buck I've had on cam so far. Well I checked the cards today and was pretty stoked to see big nose in the one pic by himself but then to see 2 big bucks in the next pic was great! In the pic with the 2 bucks first thought that big nose was the deer walking (due to his size) but after looking, big nose is on the mineral pit and the deer walking has both ears sticking up, which means its a different buck...and he's big. Now I have a cam set up on the mineral pit but of course for whatever reason it stopped taking video 3 days before they rolled through in plenty of daylight, oh well I guess, hopefully I get another chance at seeing them together.

looking good there Zackc

Thread Information