Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Think we're off to a good start!

Hybrid View

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140810_0004.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	10622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140810_0003.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	10621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140810_0005.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	10623
    Just a lil update on the big 8 we've nicknamed "big nose" due to the lump on his nose. Anyways with this heat wave that's hit us movement has been fairly slow until midnight or after and dies off before sunrise. Have been getting some good pics tho. The wife woke me up a lil after 6 this morning and we watched the big 10 and a lil basket rack feed in the soybean field in front of the house for a bit. Just threw in the pic of the 4 bucks out in the spring plot cuz I thought it looked cool.
    I live life at full draw....

man he's a great buck for sure
    you have any guess as to what you think he will end u[p scoring??
    I have to think he will be over 150 for sure, ?? r darm close maybe more, but they do loose mass once that velvet comes off LOL
    but still an awesome buck, best of luck to you

Haven't checked yet in last 3 weeks going to pull cards tomorrow

Yeah nothing cept a squirrel

Man those are some great bucks. I have two weeks left living here in NH and have a bunch of Doe coming in at 2:30 and 7:30pm. Temps are getting down to 40's at night now and with opening day coming up Monday it's looking promising. Looking forward to seeing all the pics soon of some deer taking a dirt nap!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140913_155207.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	10664Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140913_155607.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	10665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140913_160307.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	10666

Well the velvet's off, all except a nice Lil 8 I've been watching. Only 2 weeks!!! Whoohoo!!

Studs..... quite a fraternity you got there.....

WOW, very nice.

Nice zach. Hope you get to see them from your stand. It's no surprise that there is better hunting 10 minutes down the road. The deer will be where there is the best cover and food and that can change from property to property let alone miles down the road. Good luck!

Thanks I hope to see them from the stand too! But the way things have been since Friday night...not looking good. I have had my cameras all spring and summer and still do, literally every day/night I have had pics and for some reason starting Friday night and through today I have not had 1 pic of a deer on any of my 3 cameras. Still trying to figure out what's going on. Could be a couple things, the neighbors let their cows graze in the property that butts up against mine (keep in mind we have 5 acres so its more of a "pass through" property) and I've always heard that feet don't really like cows that much, could be that Friday the neighbors were cutting wood and a whole bunch of stuff and might have messed up their travel patterns, could be there's no water ony property and its been so hot and dry they have to be going to water at night, and then tonight we heard 2-3 dogs yelping across the road and they slowly worked their way down the road in front of the house and up the side of the property and then back barking the entire time so maybe they're chasing the deer off! But hopefully they will get back to their normal travel patterns real soon!

Thread Information