Well yes wolves will put a dent in things, BUT again they need to eat every day as other things do too. So a few wolves eating every day adds up.
same with MT lions and such too
the food chain has many levels.
BUT ,many things even hunted are worse than wolves. Look at wild hog s and again snow geese. Where millions of them have taken root and its about impossible to kill enough. Hogs are destroying habitat as are snow geese, at hundreds of acres a yr, the tundra where they live is being wiped out and it took hundreds of yrs to get the way it WAS, and not coming back.
its almost funny how. One species can be so hard to kill, and others can be so hard to be hunted.
I feel again for the folks out west, but I do think, NO one likes change, and sadly, the wolves will cause change. And a happy middle ground has to be meet. Wolves have to eat, and they should be part of the west, as they once were. A shame they were killed to the point they were, same as Grizzly bears.
and well buffalo.
trade marks in my eyes of the true west.
no one would want to deer killed off so homes could be built, its a happy medium we all should want