Thread: anyone see this , wolf kill in Iowa?

Hybrid View

anyone see this , wolf kill in Iowa?

ok here is a link about it if anyone cares to look

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/ra...n=widgetphase1

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Glad they didn't cite the hunter for anything. If there are only 6000 in the US and hunters/trappers have take 2500 in 3 years I'd say we may be back to 300 real quick. I'd think some better regulations should be looked in to.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I THINK WOLVES ARE COOL ANIMALS, BUT I think the issues are not so much about numbers, as it is how many are in one area
    say there are 2000 in a small area, thats a lot of stress on wilflife and humans in that area to deal with
    uf they have say, a few here and there, they wouldn't be hated by so many I think
    but there pack animals, and tend to live and hunt in packs, which seems to rattle a lot more folks
    a happy medium is what's needed with wolves
    I have seen wild ones a few times in my life, in WY, and AK, and Alberta Ca
    was high light to my trips there to be honest
    in Ak, I actually had a wolf tag on me too, but didn't see any while hunting, just traveling thru the state, but was still cool

That's crazy.

Hunted them in Idaho. Many more than 6000 in the US, they are a problem, they breed faster than our hunters can thin out their numbers, it has impacted the ungulate herds in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Oregon and Washington are reporting issues with them, it doesn't take them long to decimate an area, they do kill for sport, I've seen it first hand.

well I agree with they need to be hunted, BUT I also feel there animals and they are doing what they were made to do
    they have to eat too
    I have hunted places where they have been around for yrs and yrs, in AK and alberta
    and there are still game in these places, wolves didn't show up and wipe out all things in these places
    at some point there has to be a happy middle ground IMO
    and thats where the real problem seems to stem, the goverment says one thing and the biologist say another and game depts then say a third
    and they waste too much time fighing who is right, and things go south!

I have been out west in WY and ID and MT and seen wolves there
    I honestly enjoyed seeing them, its part of the west in my eye's
    BUT again, there numbers need to be in a balance with what they need to be, not too many not too few!
    all wildlife needs to be managed this way!

personally I think snow geese are a bigger issue, do some readding up on these things
    talk about breeding and habatit destruction??
    and there super smart too!

Never hunted geese or ducks, never known anyone who did it, the issue with the wolf, well I hunted Idaho prior to their reintroduction, and while they stayed in small numbers, as they exploded in groups, we could see a vast change in our herds, although I do agree with you on the notion of them being managed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well yes wolves will put a dent in things, BUT again they need to eat every day as other things do too. So a few wolves eating every day adds up.
    same with MT lions and such too
    the food chain has many levels.
    BUT ,many things even hunted are worse than wolves. Look at wild hog s and again snow geese. Where millions of them have taken root and its about impossible to kill enough. Hogs are destroying habitat as are snow geese, at hundreds of acres a yr, the tundra where they live is being wiped out and it took hundreds of yrs to get the way it WAS, and not coming back.
    its almost funny how. One species can be so hard to kill, and others can be so hard to be hunted.
    I feel again for the folks out west, but I do think, NO one likes change, and sadly, the wolves will cause change. And a happy middle ground has to be meet. Wolves have to eat, and they should be part of the west, as they once were. A shame they were killed to the point they were, same as Grizzly bears.
    and well buffalo.
    trade marks in my eyes of the true west.
    no one would want to deer killed off so homes could be built, its a happy medium we all should want

Thread Information