Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkey season

Turkey season

Just wondering who all is going to make it out for the opener of turkey season? I will be there rain or shine! I plan to stick with my motive 6 and hopefully get a chance at one this season. What's everyone weapon of choice when it come to turkey's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike might be best to start a post on this
    but I might be out, but only here in Pa
    and my weapon of choice is a custom made rem 11/87 12 ga I had made up
    short 18 & 1/2 inch bbl scope on it and its nice and small and light ish!
    but to be honest I am not a die hard turkey hunter, only hunt them when I do as an excuss to be out in the woods and look more for sheds than care about killing a turkey Lol

I plan on getting out. Hopefully basically in my backyard (field). Been seeing a few birds cross through our property the last couple days between 11-noon. I thought that was the only time they were moving through here but I let the dog out about 7:30 this morning and heard them gobble a hand full of times back in the woods. So I'll be set up trying to kill my first turkey ever! As far as weapon of choice its more like weapon I have right now...the ole mossberg 500.
    I live life at full draw....

Ready to go

I will be out in PA on opening morning which isnt for another few weeks.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Won't make it out till weekend work has been way to busy

headed out in the morning still seeing birds in the evening good luck to all that are headed out

seen a flock of gobblers, counted 22 this morning in a clover field behind my house
    all small 3-6 inch bearded toms, but wow, that was a flock of goblers, and they were gobbling every time anything mad a sound, from car horns, trucks hitting the rumble strips on the hi way, to the bulldozers hitting rocks, LOL
    must have gobbled about 300 times between them all, while I was there!
    sadly I wouldn't shot a one of them if I was hunting, I was just out for a walk, season didn't start here yet for adults(today was the opening day of the youth hunt)
    next sat is our opening day for adults

Well after having the last 5 days off and all the rain didn't make it out can't even get across the creek to hunt I guess a waist of time away from work but at least I got to spend time with family

00buck. There is never wasted time away from work if you got to spend it with family. Sorry you couldnt get out hunting.

I am packing up now to head north to my cabin for a long weekend Friday-Tuesday to fish the second trout stocking and also the first few days of the PA turkey opener. Will be lots of fun.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information