Thread: Turkey season

Hybrid View

Me and my buddy went out to give it one more shot this morning (Sunday) before season ended. I didn't even make it to my set before I heard Turkeys gobbling! I had 3 Toms gobbling back and forth for about 30 minutes but they were a couple hundred yards out. They, and 3 hens- eventually work out from behind the treeline they we hidden behind into a small clearing. And we could see them struttin around in the morning light gobbling their heads off. We talked to them for about 1 1/2-2 hours here and there before they walked around the back side of the woods. Was a big disappointment that they wouldn't come off those hens but man was it exciting to see them at full strut! Oh yeah also saw 5 deer on the property today so that's even better!
    I live life at full draw....

Sounds like you are hooked zach. Once a bird is henned up you usually cannot get him to leave her. But if you can convince then hen to come in hen you are in business. I had the same thing happen last time I was out. I saw 15 birds all henned up and I couldn't get them to come in but they sure are fun to watch.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information