Thread: 2013/14 season was one I won't forget

Hybrid View

2013/14 season was one I won't forget

It's been a long time since I've been on here. Last year my son was born on Septemeber 28th, the first day of bow season. Traxen was 2 weeks early but decided he couldn't miss the season opener and arrived at 2:30 am. I was busy with daddy duty for the first couple of weeks of season and finally was able to get in a tree on October 16th after my target buck "Split Brow". He had been daylight several times including the first day of season but decided not
    to show up on the 16th. A cold front moved in and the next day I decided I needed to sit all day incase he showed himself. I was sitting down an hour and half before daylight and the rain kept the deer movement pretty slow for most of the day. At 3:30 the deer started to move as I was covered up with deer from then on. Soaked and cold I had a few fawns and doe in front of me as I heard another deer come up from behind me right under my tree directly down wind. I couldn't turn to see what it was then my phone vibrated and I slid it out to see my buddy only a few ridges over just shot a buck. As I was trying to find out what deer he shot a doe walked off and split brow came out of the brush and greeted her with a lip curl. My phone went back into my pocket as he turned and headed straight to me as I waited at full draw while he slowly walked towards another doe. At 11 yards he stopped and lip curled again and I sent an arrow thru his lungs. He ran about 50 yards got wobbly legged and vanished back down over he steep ridge where he came from. He didn't make I another 70 yards and piled up. I can't imagine a better year and cldnt be more blessed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Congrats on your son. And thats a pretty nice buck to go with it. Congrats.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Congratulations again Tyler! You have a handsome young man there in your life now!! Looks like you are well on your way to passing it on to him too!! Man that was a great buck!!

Awesome !!

well sounds like a great yr to me
    and congrats on both the new addition to the family, and I gather to the wall in your home LOL
    that's a hell of a buck
    what did your buddy shoot??

thanks. my buddy shot a nice 4.5 yr old 134" 9 pt and actually another buddy shot a 159 7/8 10 pt that night too. Mine grossed 172 5/8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thread Information