Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: and they start growing!

So the wildlife on our new property is moving. Had 7 Turkeys walk through the back yard last Tuesday about 10 in the morning. Well this morning our 3 year old was in her room, ran out and shouted "I saw a big wonkin' (yeah wonkin) deer out my window!" So we ran in there to see 4 deer about 25-35 yards from their window. They eventually walked along the back yard and right to my deer block and in front of my new trail camera. Got about a dozen pics of them, at least 2 are lil button bucks. Hopefully a good sign of what's to come this fall!
    I live life at full draw....

last few days here, I have heard turkey's gobbling too getting to be that time of yr!

spring peepers have been going at it for about 2 weeks now too
    and things are just starting to turn green
    so wildlife seem to have made it thru anotherw inter here
    and many deer look pretty healthy
    was a little worried with such a hard winter here this yr

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think my nemesis survived another season. Sure looks like his early antler growth and split ears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HUNT1294.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

well I hope that is him, as he should be a monster this yr if he made it
    but that might also make it harder pill to swallow if he again out smarts you LOL
    seems to be a rather smart deer, to make it this long !

Nice to see some cam pics my cameras walked off with my feeder and ladder stands won't be getting a new one for a while but posted property and made police report I guess that's what happens when you only head out 1 or 2 times a month just to fill feeder and pull cards

I agree Stan, if that is him he should be a monster this season. I've made another big move to try to get a shot at him. I thought I had him pegged last season, but all my preparations were futile. I feel I have his travel routes fairly well figured out now. But, I'm probably wrong again.

If he outsmarts me again I'll just grin and bear it as I did the last three seasons. Regardless of the outcome he has kept my desire to hunt at an all time high. I still don't know how he has survived the last three gun seasons unscathed. Like you said he seems to be a rather smart deer.

A shame someone stole all your gear 00buck. Why people do such things is something I will never understand. If it ain't yours just leave it be is how I think.

Oobuck, that sucks, sadly I have been there too many times over the yrs, hell seems I get something stolen every yr, I hate crooks
    the last few weeks out walking for sheds, on private property I have access to, I found over 15 game cam's, and not once did I think about taking one, just not in me I guess
    its sad too, as I gather most crooks stealing game cam's/ treestands are fellow hunters
    crazy
    just ceazy sad a fellow hunter would do that

Sorry oobuck. I hate to hear that. It is aggravating that someone feels the need to steal that type of stuff. I cant believe it but on public land up at my cabin there are ladder stands that have been up for years and no one touches them. Plus my dads cousin only hunts 40 yards from the truck and closer yet to the road and has a huge double ladder stand that you can see the orange straps on it from the road. He has left that stand up after season until the spring or summer for several years and no one has touched it. Two weeks ago we took my dads stand down. Although no one in there right mind would bother to take that 15 year old ladder stand.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

There are good and bad guys in every group. The bad guys usually get all the publicity. When one does as one should it kinda goes unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    There are good and bad guys in every group. The bad guys usually get all the publicity. When one does as one should it kinda goes unnoticed.
    I agree and there has been good and bad hunters since there was hunting too
    its nothing new
    but it still sucks when it happens to you, and sure feels like some folks have it worse than others with having to deal with the bad one's
    I know I have a LOT more issue's with bad one's , due to the area I hunt in
    I will state with confidence in my saying so, that 90% of the hunters that hunt near me do so illegally
    and its all too well known and nothing is ever done about it
    even the loal news paper prinetd articles about my area and the amounts of cheaters and illegal hunters
    yet the state to date has done nothing
    and that's from illegal hunting, trespassing stealing things off private property
    and its been a known issue for the past 30 yrs here, its like folks almost feel its fine hunting this way, and a free for all on what you can steal
    like the saying goes, its NOT a crime unless you get cauth
    that seems to be how locals here think and act!

Thread Information