Thread: Dog Gone

Dog Gone

I know this is the deer hunting section but I thought it might get seen and read here more than in the other sections. You want more posting, so here we go. Would like to get opinions on what you guys think might have happened to our last dog. She was a little 6 lb. chihuaua. The dog barely left the house alone, other than to do her business. She went out to meet the old lady when she came home from work a couple of weeks back at 10:30 pm. She drove into the garage and spent a minute or so getting her purse and such before coming into the house. When she walked into the house I asked, were is the dog? Didn't see her she said. Tracks in the snow led to the driveway (ten yards from front door) and that was it. We walked a half mile in both directions on the road checking everywhere. On the road and down both sides. No tracks, no undisturbed snow, no blood. The dog disappeared from the face of the earth in about 2 minutes with no sign anywhere. Neither one of us heard anything. Your thoughts please.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Perhaps someone driving by wanted a new pet?!?! It's been known to happen, especially with a smaller dog like that.

Maybe a bird carried it off I watched an owl I big one carry of a racoon during bow season

OK a guess on my part, buddy at camp girlfriend has 3 small dogs like your's
    several times, she was outside at night with the dogs, and a dam owl almost got one, right in front of her, all 3 were off leash, the owl JUST missed, so after that she would never let them go out off a leash
    her thinking was if the owl grabbed it on a leash she would pull it free
    I think it would also mean it would gut the dog, they have big tallons
    but many times she would eb outside wlking the dogs and see owls perched off in the dark in the moon light
    so, my vote is for am owl
    I also know for a fact people will pick up dogs , all the more so on small dogs, they see walking freely, thinking they are lost or??
    if you don't live close to where a road is, where it could have been seen
    I say an owl got it
    as if a coyote got it you'd see there tracks, and they will eat a small dog too!, same as a fox, even a very hungry other small critter like a skunk, or a coon
    this was bad winter, so most things would eat what they could get
    and last
    sorry for your loss
    it sucks big time to loose a pet, lost mine 2+ yrs ago, and still miss him alot!

Sorry to hear. I have no idea what could have done that
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thieves, coyotes, bigger dogs, or maybe the owl theory, sorry to hear.

[QUOTE=blackbeard;158142]Thieves, coyotes, bigger dogs, or maybe the owl theory, sorry to hear.[/QUOTE

No tracks, no evidence at all on the ground. Could an owl pick her up with no snow kicked up? The old lady was in the garage 15 feet from the end of dogs tracks, door open.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

And owl can grab and go without ever landing, so, no marks in the snow
    where I HUNT, they kill a lot of skunks, one of the only animals that will kill em, guess they cannot smell? Lol
    but I have seen some BIg skunks there, and found a lot of there remains
    they tend to stink up an area when they get caught

Thread Information