Athletic Greens
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: people

well guys, I agree owners should be on here, and be making, or atleast showing some way that they are trying to be a part of there own site
    but again, we have like 5,816 members here , according to the stat's on the home page
    they way out number the owners and even staff(even when we had a lot more staff members)
    so, till members here start to add a lot more, it may never be a busy active site, owners here or not
    its a team work deal in my eye's we all have to WANT to add more to the site, and actually ADD more to it
    for it to happen
    I have to think in the past 2 months there have been more posts about no activiety here, than anything else reallY
    were all maybe a bunch of cry babies LOL
    Only kidding, But??

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    I've never looked at the total members on this site for any indication of how busy it is. Reason being, there are tons of them who are the spammers that we blocked but they never were deleted. Not to mention the members who don't even check in any more that signed up years ago. If you look now it shows over 200 active people looking, most if not all are bots which are search engines if I recall correctly. Very misleading. Proof is in the pudding by who is actually here reading things and posting. You don't get any of that and what do you have?! A forum with 5,816 members of nothing to draw more in to STAY and post.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Again I agree, it take folks adding to the site, and numbers can be miss leading for sure
    but also, look at just how many times a post is read
    I still think a lot of members read posts here, but don't add anything to most of them?
    And that's the odd part
    as again, so many seem upset with no activity here, and when folks look but don't add, its part of the problem more than part of a solution

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    Again I agree, it take folks adding to the site, and numbers can be miss leading for sure
    but also, look at just how many times a post is read
    I still think a lot of members read posts here, but don't add anything to most of them?
    And that's the odd part
    as again, so many seem upset with no activity here, and when folks look but don't add, its part of the problem more than part of a solution
    Couldn't agree more. As for me I'm just burnt out on trying to come up with new threads...on any forum for that matter. This one sucked the life out of me and with how this year has gone I like to add to someone's existing post but that's about it.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

I agree, a forum should be fun and not work!
    I post when I can, and repky if I have interest in a started one
    I guess that's what most do
    only seems most folks here have little intrest I guess in what most folks post? Lol
    don't know
    it is what it is
    like to see things easier flowing here, but?

I am going to have to agree with both of you. This should be fun not work. I want this place to get better I really do but sometimes it feels like the site is a sick dog where you want everything to be like it used to be when it was in its prime. But sometimes I have to wonder if we should just put it down and out of its misery.

I don't know the owners rationale but with the ads and sponsorship this site may just be a small cash cow for them regardless of actual membership. I dont know I am just speculating.

Anyways I post when I can.
    Last edited by nomad_archer; 03-10-2014 at 04:08 PM.
    I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me. ~ Ted Nugent

hey guys my .02, being from the state up north & buying hunting land in so. ohio, i joined to ask & try to get info on so. ohio AND mrbb. BH,BB along with others on here helped to fill me in & were nice about it, think this site was to help hunters with questions, you can tell your hunting story & people read it......there are some dads that have basketball, travel softball and baseball like i do so they cannt be on there alot....but this site is ALWAYS here when i need to ask for info, i like it, should pick up for turkey season then blink & it will be august.....thanks to the guys that welcomed me on here and share info with me

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Plain and simple. I just don't take the time to get on much any more. I have way to many things I like to do. Sitting in front of a 16" monitor is just not high on my priority list.

I've watched this site go from a fun place to hang out, share ideas and meet a few like minded folks to more of a war zone. I admit I was in a few battles, but most were due to my high standards on hunting ethics. I say what I think and sometimes it wasn't taken kindly to, so be it.

I don't think the owners of the site make a site good or bad in reality. The participating members make a site flourish or whither away and die IMO.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    Plain and simple. I just don't take the time to get on much any more. I have way to many things I like to do. Sitting in front of a 16" monitor is just not high on my priority list.

I've watched this site go from a fun place to hang out, share ideas and meet a few like minded folks to more of a war zone. I admit I was in a few battles, but most were due to my high standards on hunting ethics. I say what I think and sometimes it wasn't taken kindly to, so be it.

I don't think the owners of the site make a site good or bad in reality. The participating members make a site flourish or whither away and die IMO.
    Hortontoter, I agree, no one has the time to just sit in front of a PC, and about the bickering here at times(sure I am guilty of a few)
    but I think the point of it all is, its the fact that when folks do find the time to log on, and look here, most just look and leave, never adding anything to the site
    and like you, the owner can be here all day I think, and this won't change anything(won't hurt either lol)
    but its the fact that 90+% of folks that log in here do ONLY that log in, look and leave
    and till this changes, if this ever changes, this site will never get any better
    like you said its up to members to make or break this site,!

I must also admit that I have not posted in certain threads because I didn't want the drama anymore. It goes right to the statements about being fun and not work. As a matter of fact I put up with a lot less at work than I have in some threads on here. It's no fun to be 59 years old and have to listen to the disrespect from some of the young people that have come and gone on here. I swore that I would never turn into my dad, but he has returned. LOL.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Thread Information