well I hear you, I always tried to do self guided hunts through out the yrs
only did two fully guided hunt in all my yrs, due to it beiing the law, up in Alberta
and even them hunts, I made it so I had more input, where I went up a day early to scout sites, and all they did was drop me off and pick me up at dark LOL, not sure how that is a guided hunt, but was the law when I was there
and one indian reservation hunt I did in SD, where there were no boundry lines, so hired him to show me where I coul;dn't hunt, so I didn't get introuble LOL
its always more fun to do it yourself
but some times I think,with all the money and time, to do a far trip, maybe a jump start isn't a bad idea, all the more wo with gas costs these days

and as for harrisburg, , its far for you for sure, but it might be an investment in your trip
I would look at airfare, and save driving, as gas isn't cheap these days, and never know what a trip could run that way
plus its a great show all the same
and getting in shape always helps on a hunt, even for deer close to home LOL

I'd even be looking into joining a forum in CO, some place never know what good info you can learn, but as always, take info with a grain of salt!
north american hunting club isn't a bad place to get info on other states, and its a decent magazine they put out with memebershi too!