Thread: harrisburg Pa sportsman show

harrisburg Pa sportsman show

OK anyone planning to go this yr to the show
    now the NRA is running it, and after a no show last yr
    they are saying its going to be a super show this yr with a lot of new things
    I am thinking this yr more gun MFG's will be at the show
    but any how, its always a great show I'm glad its back, and being run now by the NRA too

Was planning on going but not sure I'm going to have time.

I am going on Thursday with the wife. Crowds are a little lighter during the week and I only live about half an hour away.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I used to think that too Nomad, but from the past 20+ yrs of going, and even running booths there , I honestly don't think it matters, week day, week end, its always crowded, this show packs them in every day, and after not having it last yr, I think this yr is going to be extra full, add in all this severe cold temps,a nd cabin fever!! I say every day will be packed, early in the AM, used to be the best time of day yrs I was at booths there, had elbow room first 2 hrs then back to packed again!
    I'm thinking about going superbowl sunday, that might have more folks at home???
    get there about noon and see!
    that is if I go, its about an hr or so from me

What are the date's mrbb?
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

sorry Guess I should have addded the link to the show
    but dates are feb 1-9th
    its the largest sportsman show in the USA
    they been doing this show every yr for like 40+ yrs, with last yr being the only yr it hasn't happened since it started
    and that was due to the people running the show, having issue's with guns, and then many many venders pulled out due to the issue's
    costs the area a ton of money, think they expect to make like 100 million bucks in the 9 days
    this show is HUGE if you have never been there, must be about 40+ acres of inside buildings displays
    its an all day event to walk the whole place
    its really worth the drive or even flying in if your looking to book a hunt any where in the world, or bring the kids to see all the game mounts, without a lie, there will be maybe 5-10,000 mounted critters in the show from booth to booth
    any thing out doors, is there from trucks to atv's snow mobiles, 6-8 wheel drives, and everything hunting nder the sun pretty sure all 50 states game depts/toursim have a booth here
    best advice is , think about what you want to see before hand, and get online and view a map of the venders, and plan on going there to them, as you will bneed a map to find most
    but again its a great show
    not really a gun show, just an outdoors show, with tons of hunting and fishing being the biggest part of the show

http://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    I used to think that too Nomad, but from the past 20+ yrs of going, and even running booths there , I honestly don't think it matters, week day, week end, its always crowded, this show packs them in every day, and after not having it last yr, I think this yr is going to be extra full, add in all this severe cold temps,a nd cabin fever!! I say every day will be packed, early in the AM, used to be the best time of day yrs I was at booths there, had elbow room first 2 hrs then back to packed again!
    I'm thinking about going superbowl sunday, that might have more folks at home???
    get there about noon and see!
    that is if I go, its about an hr or so from me
    Early morning on the week days isn't bad. its still busy but a Thursday isn't nearly as bad as a Friday or Saturday. Last time I went I went Thursday-Saturday and the weekend was by far the worst. Its always going to be busy. Its just a bit lighter on Thursday but not much.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information