Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self filming...

I agree it is hard to tell from the video if it was a hit or miss. I also agree with your assessment on the quartering. Yes the small buck was the intended target. After the shot and the deer ran off and didn't fall I was also wondering what happened. I had shot the crossbow at that distance earlier that day and was dead on. I went to where I would have shot him and found no hair, no blood, no arrow, nothing. I followed the tracks about 40 yards and never found any sign. I watched the video a few times on my phone using the Gopro app which was really handy but not all that helpful. We gave him a couple hours and followed the trail a couple hundred yards in the woods, again no sign of any kind. We came back the next morning to sweep the area and found nothing. A few days later there was a thaw and I found the arrow. I also pulled my card and continue to have photos of him alive and well. Hindsight is 20/20 he was quartering to much, didn't look like it in the scope but he was. That branch isn't there anymore either...

Well that's a pretty cool video. I think you saw more deer in that one sit than I saw all year, lol! What was the red looking stuff on the ground? Anyways...that helps a lot as far as using a gopro for hunting. Main camera Prolly not, second angle definitely. The more I think about it I think i'm going to either have my handycam looked at or just buy another camera with zoom and all that good stuff. Very helpful info tho.
    I live life at full draw....

Dan I hate those pesky limbs. But personally I would rather have a perfect hit or a complete miss than something in between. He will just be bigger next year. Looks like one heck of a spot you have with that many deer coming into what looks like a bait pile. If it is bait is it corn? Again hard to tell but thanks for the video its fun to watch others videos.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Red stuff was apples, yellow stuff is corn. It is a great spot.

Looks like one heck of a spot. Public or private?
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Well I'm pretty sure its illegal to bait on public land in OH but since I've never hunted public land for deer I may be mistaken. It is a private lease, hunted by me and random trespassers.

Thread Information