I agree it is hard to tell from the video if it was a hit or miss. I also agree with your assessment on the quartering. Yes the small buck was the intended target. After the shot and the deer ran off and didn't fall I was also wondering what happened. I had shot the crossbow at that distance earlier that day and was dead on. I went to where I would have shot him and found no hair, no blood, no arrow, nothing. I followed the tracks about 40 yards and never found any sign. I watched the video a few times on my phone using the Gopro app which was really handy but not all that helpful. We gave him a couple hours and followed the trail a couple hundred yards in the woods, again no sign of any kind. We came back the next morning to sweep the area and found nothing. A few days later there was a thaw and I found the arrow. I also pulled my card and continue to have photos of him alive and well. Hindsight is 20/20 he was quartering to much, didn't look like it in the scope but he was. That branch isn't there anymore either...