Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's still out there hunting?

So who's still out there hunting?

My dumb ass is....I bought one tag at the start of the season with the hope of finally getting a deer. Well as many of you know I finally tagged one, but dumb ass me wasn't satisfied with that.....soooo I just had to go buy another frigging tag, I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment!!!LOL Good luck to all you fellow diehards still out there hunting!!!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

good luck to you also I am still out there as much as i can

I would be stonegod, it I didn't live so far away. My season here in NH closed 15 Dec.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Same here Pa season ended Jan 14 th, If not I would still be out there, more to throw trespassers out, than hunting, but would still be out there
    glad its over to be honest!
    next hunts for me will be some coyote contest hunt, till end of Feb, then I'm done with hunting I think

PA was done Jan 14th. Although I had plans to get out after I got my doe in December everything conspired against me and I never made it back out. Mrbb if you are done hunting just send me the gps coordinates to some of your ladder stands I can keep them warm from time to time :)
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Mrbb isn't done hunting......it's just his normal drama. Well actually.....I don't read that he hunts all that much anyways.....most of his posts are about trespassers and having too many deer......can't recall the last time he posted a deer kill?
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Well stonegod, not sure where you think I haven't hunted , or made any kills, as for yrs, like almost 30 yrs, I used to hunt almost 60 to 90 days an yr, 900 plus hr a yr in a tree, and hunted up to 7 states a yr
    I've killed a LOT of deer in my yrs, far more than most hunters will in a lifetime
    I admit, last 3 seasons, I have not hunted like I used to
    BUT I have been out almost every day of legal hunting , maybe I hunt more now to find trespassers, than to kill a deer, as like I said last 3 yr, I have had very little desire to kill an average deer, or a deer at all
    but I still put many hrs in , do a crap(did) a crap work of QDM; , trying to make mynhunting spot as good as it could be
    killing a deer has been very easy for me if I really wanted to
    never had a problem killing a seer if and when I wanted one
    got bored with just killing deer, and became very selective of what I kill, or would kill, as the yrs went by
    and honestly have had enough
    as of right now, I honestly don't plan to hunt next season for deer
    as a fact, my x bow is getting sold, have a buyer that wants it, and I don't /cannot shoot my compound any more, so that is for sale too
    so?
    if you ask me, Even in my piss poor desire to hunt, I still logged more hrs in the woods, than you, last few yrs, and I have passed on a ffew hundred deer in that time
    not sure whats taking you so long to kill that buck, LOL
    its not that hard, all the more so in a state that allows you to hunt over bait?

went out on a friends ranch in SE OH Sat eve, Sun morning. Didn't see anything while in the stand but when we were out riding horses saw at least a dozen doe running around middle of the day. Figures.

I am still trying to put a tag on one more doe.

Been out a couple times this month. Have seen deer almost every time but still waiting on a buck to get into bow range. Not sure if I will get out again before season closes. Good luck to everybody still out there and be smart if you are out there in this polar vortex, no deer is worth losing any of your fingers or toes or worse.

Thread Information