Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self filming...

Self filming...

So I've been self filming for a few years now, using a Sony handycam. It worked pretty good and I got some decent videos but for some reason the touch screen stopped working. Now I am looking at getting a Gopro camera and trying it out, just wondering if anyone has one or has used one of these cameras? They look like they are pretty good cameras, they're fairly inexpensive, and they are small, light, and have several different mounting options.
    I live life at full draw....

The only negative on a Gopro, is there is no zooming in. My advise would be, go to campbell cameras web sit. They can give you professional advise. I've had good luck with them.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

I think its really cool that some of you guys self film your hunts. I have never done it since I am hunting public land 99.9% of the time and I cant use any of the camera mounts that screw into the tree. Plus that is just one more thing I would need to deal with. Keep it up and post some of your stuff when you get a chance.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

My self filming experience is not good. Lots of trees and leaves. If I get a good video, I will post.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Great. I have a hard enough time getting deer in close and not screwing the deal up I dont want to add another variable to that.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Well I used to video a few hunts from time to time, many yrs back, mostly from ground blinds, worked out pretty good, but that was back in the days of vHS and mini VHS -C recorders
    for a few yrs I help do a long rabge shooting/hunting video series on a more professional side, where video's were sold
    and after doing that a few yrs, I fould I dis liked it, and stopped par taking in it
    like I feel with so many Tv hunting shows
    they tend to leave out a lot of stuff
    and back when I just videoed me hunting, I found I never really watched them too Lol
    but it can be cool to have a video camera with you while hunting, you do get to see a lot of cool things, spending time in the woods
    I know over the yrs, many times I wish I would have had a video camera with me, not sure I would have had time to get it turned on to capture things, but would have been nice if I could have
    best of luck to you
    I would try to look at camera's that have a fast quiet start up, and work the best in low light as possible

I have two Gopro's that I just started playing with at the end of the season. The images are pretty decent and mounting options are great. That being said Campbell cameras has some nice packages in a variety of price ranges. I purchased one of the lower end packages but haven't taken it afield yet. I think the Gopros make great second angle cameras but you may want something else for a primary camera depending on what your expectations are.
    This is a video with the Gopro. It was my first attempt at filming a hunt.
    Last edited by Dan; 02-07-2014 at 08:35 AM. Reason: video

Thanks Dan that was a pretty cool video. I could see wanting a little more since the go pro lacks zoom. Nice job though. Did you find the buck you shot at?

Find him no, see him on camera pretty regular since then.

Was it a hit or miss? Hard to tell on the video. Looks like he is quartering to a bit. Was he the deer you where shooting at?

Thread Information