Thread: Looking for New Compound

Hybrid View

I think you talked yourself out of needing a new bow
    and odds are, you really don't
    10-15-20fps, doesn't make a huge difference from 10 to 30 yards or more, sure there nice to have, but surely not needed
    bow makers keep coming out with new models and such, cause its a business, if everyone kept a bow for 30 yrs they would all go broke
    its also the reason there is a bigger mark up on bows over guns!
    or surely used to when I sold both
    a modern bow should last you 15 = plus yrs with just replacing strings as need be, and taking care of it
    till they break the 400 fps mark, I don't really see the need of up grading for most NON sponcered shooters/hunters
    as long as a bow fits you is set up right, and you shoot it well, save your money and enjoy what you have, till you feel like adding a spare bow, or just like spending money on a new addition

Like everyone else has said if you like the bow shoot it and hunt with it. When I started shooting I thought I needed a new bow all the time. I always bought used or discontinued because I just couldn't stomach the new prices. I started with a used mathews switchback xt then I got a used '08 hoyt pro elite for indoor league. I finally got a discontinued '08 Hoyt Katera XL that I picked up in 2010 and have been hunting with since then. I have zero desire for a new bow. Heck it took me 2 years to get a deer with the "new" bow. I still like it and plan to continue to use it. Just the other day I finally sold my pro elite since I dont do much shooting for indoor leagues these days. I plan to use my katera again next year and probably the year after that. I dont know what would make me get a new bow but I haven't found much compelling new technology that I "need". I have a 27" draw and I get plenty of speed out of this old bow that the deer I have shot with this bow from 15-35 yards with a mechanical bh haven't gone more than 40-50 yards and all have have partial or complete pass threws. The drenalin is a good bow.

I do at times get the urge to replace my bow maybe get something with a shorter ATA since 35" is a pain in my summit climber at times but I just cant justify it since now I hunt mostly out of ladder stands where it is a non issue.

Plus with the cost of a new bow which has a depreciation like a new freaking car it is hard to justify. Especially for me when you can get a new high quality rifle for the same price or less and the gun will have a much better resale value especially in 5-10 years .
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information