To be honest IMO, the bow you have, if you shoot it, is as fine as what's out there
sure there are improvements here and there, but most don't justify to me upgrading
I mean most bow, top line all have very close speeds, and sound levels, and weights haven't changed a ton
my old 2002 pse nitro is a 4 lb bow,and came at 330 fps (if memepry is correct) like many other bows in this age group
tops shelf bows today get faster, but they do so mostly with shorter brace lenghts,, meaning to me, they just made longer cycles, to get the extra fps, but doing that makes shooting form a lot more important to shoot them well, and makes smaller errors, cause bigger groups or misses
I mean if you just want a new bow, by all means buy one, or if current bow, doesn't feel right or fit you well, sure
but to say you need a more modern bow due to improvements, I think wouldn't be a good investment over what you have now
there have again been a few smaller improvements, but IMO, weights speeds, and sound levels have been pretty darn close to a stand still for yrs now
how many times can you re invent a round wheel?? They all roll Lol