Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's still out there hunting?

I decided I will be waiting until Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings to get back out again. I am hoping to get that one more doe to top off the freezer.

Yep....with this frigging cold weather I'll be hunting the last two days of the season.....hopefully they'll be up and looking to refuel!!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

With these sub zero temps going on it gets ruff to go out. But I went out yesterday and braved the snow in hope that the deer would be up and looking for food but no luck. Didn't see one deer. Ill probably go out 2 more times in hope to get one more doe before season ends.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

I tip my hat to all three of you guys. I went out yesterday for a little scouting and man it was cold. I was walking most of the time. I bet sitting still on stand is brutel.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

i will be out tomorrow afternoon hope to see something

I was in my climber here in Ohio on Sat. Everything was perfect until around 3:00. The west got really dark and about five min later a whiteout came directly at me and I couldn't see 5 feet in front of me. The tree went from straight to a steady east tilt with me in it. I seriously thought something bad was going to happen. My bow was on bow hanger and was literally blowing horizontal to the ground. I was holding on to the tree like a little b....! Managed to get down, and it was gone, and got calm again. Scared to death. I really thought about unhooking my harness strap from the tree because I thought the tree was going over and I could have at least tried to jump away from the tree.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Good luck to you guys still going at it. I will be there with and hopefully we all score. I am looking forward to see some late season pics and some good stories. Most of all be safe out there!!!!!

My hunting buddy hortontotor is the only one with any brains!!!!.....he hung up his xbow for the season last week.lol
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonegod View Post
    My hunting buddy hortontotor is the only one with any brains!!!!.....he hung up his xbow for the season last week.lol
    Nah... I put my bow away Dec 15th. Not that I wanted to stop but I ran out of time and didnt have the free time for the PA late season. Kind of glad actually since all it has been since november has been cold and colder
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I have seen deer each of the last 2 nights out but no shots. The first night I had a very large shed buck walk right under me. Naturally I let him pass. That was probably the 170" split G-2 buck I was after. Too bad he didn't do that when he had antlers on his head. Friday night I had 5 does 15-20 yards behind but I had no shots on any of them. They milled around behind me almost a 1/2 hour then left. There must of been one still close by that I didn't see cause as I was getting down one blew at me. I still have this evening to try and put one down. I have high hopes. I know the deer are still around cause I have seen them and there are tracks all around.

Thread Information