Thread: Importance of a range finder..

Hybrid View

I agree they are a good tool if that's what you want, but not a necessary one. It all depends on what situation your in. I did buy one when I switched from shooting instinctively to using sights. I too set up my shots at each stand location before the season started and wrote them down so I wouldn't forget them. One difference though, I stepped it off instead of using the range finder. My 15 steps might not be exactly 15 yards but, the pins on your sight don't know yards from bananas. If your pin is set for that distance, that's where it will hit. I agree if for instance I would go to a range or a 3-d shoot, I might be in trouble, but I never did that. I just shot at home and went hunting. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, if your situation is different you may need that tool in your backpack. I never did.
    If anybody wants to buy a slightly used range finder let me know.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

It took me two missed yardage deer before I got a rangefinder. First was a target buck I shot over the other was a doe. Would not go out without it for sure.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical affect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
    John Quincy Adams

Thread Information