Thread: Importance of a range finder..

Hybrid View

I use one, I don't range a deer when it's coming in.....I simply range all the trees in my shooting lane. Since I don't take any shots over 30yds and my Stryker strykezone 380 shots so fast and flat.....I use the same crosshairs for 20-30yds which makes things simple.....so if I had "judged" a shot at 25.....and it was actually 32....it wouldn't make a difference.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

i have mine tethered to my bow so i don't forget it now if i can remember my damn release every time

I always have it in my jacket pocket. I have used in on 1/2 of the deer I have gotten with a bow. The rest were so close it didnt matter much. I typically use it when the deer is walking or feeding in an area that I am not 100% sure of the yardage since I range everything that is around me but sometimes I just forget how far things are. They are a great tool if you have the time to use it.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I think the best part of a range fnder is they take the guess work out of distance, as arrows and bullets drop as distance gets farther
    so the better info you have the less chance for a miss/wounded animal/target
    one less human error to worry about after all we are all human, and can make a mistake(guess all tools can make errors too LOl)
    but for any archery hunter that likes to shoot far/take long shots,
    I say there a must have item,
    but if you only take short shots, then, they may not be needed at al!
    still don't hurt to have one, if you can afford it!
    come in handy for measuring food plots too
    69x69 yrads is an acre more or less
    so they have more than one tool
    and many folks that golf use them too??, I don't golf so, cannot add much here, but they do sell a lot to golf folks, and not just hunters!

Thread Information