Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two yrs a member

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    I agree mrbb. I'm as guilty as anyone, looking in and not posting. I'm trying to change that. The owner/s should be the one's that are concerned over low numbers. Also, the numbers they say are looking in and not members are bull crap. They shoudl not post total members unless they also post active members. I've checked, and so many guys have not been on this site in years and still are listed as members. Some honesty would be a good moral booster. Both you and nomad_archer have been some of the most consistant members posting lately. We all shoudl follow the lead.
    well thanks, and I have always tried to add things to this site since I joined in here yrs back
    I also have said many times, why more folks don't make the effort to share trail cam pic's as I know so many these days have trail cam's
    pictures always seem to be a big help
    and as for the owner, I have to ask, what do people think the owner really should be doing?
    I mean, sure would be nice to hear or see more stories or hunts, or input from him, but he is again I gather just a single person
    so even if he adds more details about his hunts or hunting, thatr's just one person
    and surely not enough to make the folks happy I think
    or I could be wrong?
    but I'm honestly glad he just pay the bills to keep this site here , up and running
    I think it should be more up to its members to keep it alive and going, as I personally feel the owner is doinga lot by paying the bills, and giving us the tools to add what we waht here
    its just so few here want to add anything I think that makes this site suffer
    far too many folks that come here, I think due to the site's wed address
    are looking for free help/info , and either they find it or don't and then leave
    afterall, I started coming here looking for info, , like I bet most folks here did
    its up to the folsk that joined to make a site great or not
    me I don't personally care if there is a ton of posts every day
    sure it would be nice to have more posts, and more feed back on posts
    but, hey, cannot make people reply
    thus, to me thats what an open more or less forum is
    people either want to add or they don't
    same goes for if people like or dis like a post or opinion
    seems sadly in todays world , far too many people get offended over words online, and then get sour fast
    if there opinion isn't liked or??
    I know I am not the most popular guy on this site, no do I care if I am
    I try to add here as I can, I try to help others when I can
    if anyone doesn't like my posts, or info, I'm fine with that, its life
    nothing to get worked up over and get all pissed and run away from the site
    more good posts here than bad, so to, me
    again, only way the site stays active is if people actually do that, be active, a active part of the site
    and stop saying I WISH
    just do more add more, and stop wishing
    and before long the site might be what folks want
    change doesn't come by magic! no matter what the owner does or doesn't do!

So Griz I didnt always post as much as I do now. Actually I disappeared for quite awhile and when I came back and gave some input I was called out on disappearing and not contributing so.... here we are now and I try to contribute when I can.

MRBB as for owner participation. Alot of other forums I frequent have quite a bit of owner/moderator posting and participation especially in the off season. It adds a unique perspective because to create a website like this the owner/moderator had to have some passion about this sport enough so to create a forum for it. I would just like to see a little participation. But a little more participation from everyone would go a long long way. But leading by example goes along way.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Well I belong to other forums as well, but to be honest,and I could just be missing it, I don't notice much action from owners, and most moderators on the sites, only really act as in a moderator form, when there is a trouble maker acting up
    other wise, they just post like active memebers do
    nothing really stands out with them to me, ? Maybe they are more likely to welcome a new member, but?
    From the other forums, what to me seems to keep them going is members replying to posts!
    starting new post
    and number one action, is new members asking for help of some sort, and thus , older members replying! Trying to help
    sure many times new members ask a question, and many times once they get an answer, leave
    but many stay on other sites
    I know on this site over the yrs, I seen new members join ask a question, and then get bashed for doing so some what, and that seems to scare some off!
    when they maybe just wanted help and felt??? And left, or added nothing to the site again
    or one thing I noticed some times here?

Like I said at the end of my last post a little more participation from everyone would go a long way. Especially now that we are about to enter the dead zone of the year now the ohio seasons are about to wrap up and our PA season is long over.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Nomad, I hear you loud and clear and agree 100 %, prime time on this site has come and gone now deer season is almost over
    and with more posts/replys from others
    this site is going to be real slow soon, more than its been
    as so many regulars have left since Oct
    and seems to be some bitterness in some others not helping to keep this site going and picking up
    a shame
    lots of good folks were always here to help when anyone asked
    I know I have tried to help
    and start posts and reply to any I think I can add something to
    Oh well, me you and griz
    maybe are the main stay now? Lol

Wow thats a scary though me and you and griz are the mainstays on the bow hunting ohio website and we are all out of stater's. Guess we wont run into to much negative discussion about non-res hunters

Hahaha, I hear that ,
    and to be honest Nomad, I think I am not even hunting this yr, already sold a few guns and the x bow, so??
    But I still don't mind helping others, just not interested in doing it myself it seems
    so yup 3 non res on the site mostly Lol

I just sold my target bow last week so I am downsizing. Probably going to get an x-bolt and 7mm-08 and a browning citori field grade O/U for clays, turkey and small game. Although I really don't do much small game since it interferes with archery season.

I would post pictures but I dont run trail cams. I figure on public land more than likely they would walk off sooner or later.

There some Ohio residents on here. I hope more come back. I'm not naming them, they know who they are. I enjoy everones comments. You all are right about heading into slow times. But who knows what the future brings.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

well I am lucky to have a lot of guns, over the yrs they piled up, having the gun store, way too many great deals came by that ended up at home!
    my fav hunting rifle is in 7mm08 cal, a rem model 7, I had re barreled and stocked many many yrs back, early 90's, built by Hart Rifles
    been to AK with me and all over teh USA
    knocked down things from 500 yrds and under with it no problems, and its a nice light weight rifle and low recoil caliber
    as for a turkey shotgun, I personaly think, if your going to be a turkey hunter, its best to have a turkey set up shotgun, just for that, a good shotgun with a scope on it makes a HUGE difference on a turkey gun, if you ask me
    small game isn't big anymore in PA< due to many folks like you rather try for that big buck, small game isn't abundant like it was many yrs back
    back when owning a gun /bird dog was worth while investment and a thirll come fall
    as for a trap gun, everyone loves pretty over and unders(I own a few too)
    but to be honest, I always found a goood semi the better route, lower recoil any day of the week than a fixed barrel gun, so if you shoot a ton, having that little added less recoil can be very nice, and again they make for good small game guns too, as almost all have the option of changing out bbls real easy
    I have a few nice 28 ga shotguns, that I prefer for skeet and sporting clays these days
    after a few rounds, nice having felt like I didn't shoot much at all over the 12's I used to always use
    most folks don't know a 28 has almost same power levels , just less shot, making great guns, from the kids on up, as they have less recoil, and guns tend to be lighter too!, an added plus when you get older and lazy~ LOL

and yup, sadly trail cam's on public lands are a roll of the dice
    we use them up at hunting camp, and to be honest, walk them in far, and in past 5+ yrs haven't had one get stolen, we think it due to we tend to carry them pretty far in, and lock them well as we can!
    some great pic's at camp too of some slammer buck
    on a funny, ne guy this archery season, in a rain storm, was in his tree, a cam right behind it, got back to camp to check SD card, and he got a pic of a good 130 inch buck walking past him, and he never even seen it LOL
    guess the rain and it being so quiet , the buck walked past behibnd him and he never knew it happened till he check the cam ! maybe a draw back to having cam's??

Thread Information