Poaching and trespassing will always be an issue along with some peoples greed and need to cheat to get bragging rights.

We are losing lots of old timers but on the same hand most of the hunters I see these days are the older generation grey beards guys in their 50's and 60's. Thats who the majority of the hunters I see out these days. Not many young people in the 12-25 or 25-40 age group. So we will have a very sharp decline in PA hunters in the next say 20 years as the generation of grey beards that taught me to hunt give it up due to age, health or lack of desire.

Don't get me wrong we have some young guys hunting but its not nearly the numbers of hunter recruitment that we used to have. Maybe that is a good thing for the deer herd. But I have to be positive there has been a slight recovery in deer numbers at my cabin because the first week of rifle is buck only. That allows many more deer to survive the first week and then when doe season does come in, there isnt nearly the pressure. So it works out well in my mind. Plus the habitat is there to support more deer than are there at least for now.