There are so many considerations to making a longer range shot on a live animal. I'm not speaking of ethics, but the hundreds of other elements of the shot and/or hunt.

* The equipment: K.E. of the bow, bow poundage (for good K.E. and increased range), total arrow weight, bow speed (chronographed), type of broadhead used, etc.
* The archer's ability to shoot the bow at a given long range yardage.
This requires honesty of an individual to say, "I'm good out to 60 yards, but comfortable out to 40 yards." or "On paper I can be consistent out to 80 yards, but when it comes to hunting, I'm better off inside 30 yards."
* Other things that we can NOT control, but have to be aware of...because it can/will effect the shot is the weather and physical elements, like shot angles up/down. Not to mention the animals angle, which gets more critical at longer ranges, due to the lack of room for error.

All of the above elements require self control. If the "planets are not aligned" the shot can not be taken.

The considerations to MOA could be set at 2" at 20 yards, 3" at 30 yards, etc. If this could be obtained as the yardage increased, in theory, an 8" group could be possible at 80 yards. Could be, is the critical part of that statement.

Bowhunter57