Thread: I need one of these guns !!

I need one of these guns !!

Well this season has been horrible I even hunted all 4 days of muzzle loading season (yes even the coldest days) never saw a deer that I could get a ethical shot at but as I sat in my stand and listen to the shooting which was few and far between here in
    Clermont County I heard Boom Boom Boom many times in different directions..... I need one of those type primitive weapons!

On another note I used the Tip program on a poacher and guess what ???? Nothing happened no calls no visits from a game warden police Nada!!! what a waste of time again Ohio is going down hill fast with this new system.

This guy I turned in shot the deer the Wednesday after gun season went out at 5:15 pm and he saw me and came back the next morning and got the deer while I was at work I know because I placed a trail camera on the driveway and got him the next day at 9 am pulling in.

Next year I guess I will just use a high powered rifle pop me a few deer tag them in as a bow kill and keep fishing till the lakes freeze up.

Lost all hope with our DNR and Game wardens in Ohio I wont ever report another person again.
    I want to die like my father, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and terrified, like his passengers.

well I feel your pains all too well, be glad OHIO was as good as it was for so many yrs, here in PA< its been a bad deal with game dept since time here in Pa
    way too many wardens maybe , just don't care to make an effort and just happy getting a pay check, anc are less about game
    or that's how I feel here in PA, seems all they worry about is there salary, and not wildlife
    sad, but seems to be the way of the world
    and animals always suffer from human expansion into there homes, as we the people spread out!
    and as that happen, money get involved, and the wildlife ends up on the end of the importance of things
    and I also feel the pains of them super fast reloads, wich some oen could teach me to re load a muzzleloader that fast
    I hear them ever in PA< all the time, and we cannot even use inline's, flintlock's
    and them 3 or 4 shot bursts, are so fast at reloading, makes a man wonder??
    and lts not forget about them super loud Bow I hear going off all archery season, in early hrs or late hr, past shooting time's
    I feel bad for deer any more, think about it
    they have to dodge car's all yr, predator's all yr, and then a good 5 months of cheaters, and a few million hunters
    then have to do it all in weather that at times plain sucks, and who is looking out for them
    game warden's??
    HAHAHA, not here in Pa, not unless they happen to trip over a poache by accident I say! LOL
    Oh sad,but true
    and why I think I am giving up hunting ! cannot take the getting pissed of at cheaters and lack of help from state game dept
    a loosing battle, getting worse and worse every yr any more, a down hill slip

Depending on the distance of the muzzleloader shot.....a single "boom" could indeed "sound" like two booms do to the sonic boom reflecting back. You also state that you "listened to the shooting that was few and far between"........but then state "I heard boom boom boom many times"???
    Last edited by Stonegod; 01-10-2014 at 03:38 AM.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Well Stonegod, being I am a gun guy, worked on a shooting range, trainer people with guns, I very well know what a fired shot sounds like as to a echo or?? Off a single shot
    something more likely would be someone shooting a shot gun, as small game season is still in, and I can tell the difference between a shot gun, a rifle and a muzzleloader too LOL
    B at same time, in my area small game is almost a non existant critter, and even fewer folks hunt it, and well, most small game hunters are not hunting at or before sun rise or sun set
    they tend to hunt more like a few hrs into the day and call it quits as light fades
    many folks here, and I bet else where use, muxxleloader season as a cover up, to hide rifle shots, cheaters I call them
    but I know it happens more than many like to think
    sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by Stonegod View Post
    Depending on the distance of the muzzleloader shot.....a single "boom" could indeed "sound" like two booms do to the sonic boom reflecting back. You also state that you "listened to the shooting that was few and far between"........but then state "I heard boom boom boom many times"???
    I know the difference between "booms and sonic booms" they had shotguns or rifles the few and far between was because I hunted all 4 days and the multiple shots were over the 4 days of sitting and not seeing anything except tree rats..
    I want to die like my father, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and terrified, like his passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    Well Stonegod, being I am a gun guy, worked on a shooting range, trainer people with guns, I very well know what a fired shot sounds like as to a echo or?? Off a single shot
    something more likely would be someone shooting a shot gun, as small game season is still in, and I can tell the difference between a shot gun, a rifle and a muzzleloader too LOL
    B at same time, in my area small game is almost a non existant critter, and even fewer folks hunt it, and well, most small game hunters are not hunting at or before sun rise or sun set
    they tend to hunt more like a few hrs into the day and call it quits as light fades
    many folks here, and I bet else where use, muxxleloader season as a cover up, to hide rifle shots, cheaters I call them
    but I know it happens more than many like to think
    sad but true
    I wasn't addressing you mrbb.....what the heck is your problem??!!!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Stonegod, I don't have a problem? I was just pointing out that I could tell the difference, and I guess many other can, and also pointing out that many times the bang bang bang, is a shotgun, too
    something that wasn't stated
    don't be offended so easy, didn't mean it to offend you, was just adding more to the post and giving some background on me, and ability to tell sounds in the field?

Thread Information