Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: feeder/webcam setup

i was just thinking for the hard to access land to toss that out with the atv up there. i figured would ask about it,

OK I understand that part, and that's also why they market it, , BUT the problem really is, that because of the pre existing plants and weeds already growing there, they will out grow and thus shade out any new weaker seeds, as in a throw and grow deal
    NOW if you spray the site to kill the what ever, and then seed it, IT might work, I say MIGHT because seeds really need to contact soil to mature and grow
    so if the sit is just dead, and there is matter, be it leave's gras, dead what ever, preventing the seed from making contact with the soil, and or the ground just being too hard, the seeds honestly just cannot grow
    thus most throw and grow, seeds will just be wasted, and you get a poor take
    some of the , have so call fertilizer and what nots, sprayed onto the seeds to help boost there odds of growing, I don't buy into that all that much, way too much of that coating will wash off before the plant starts to grow and that , when the roots are growing is when a new plant needs fertilizer and likes, not when its in seed form, when its growing
    I will NOR say something won't grow just by throwing and hoping, as some should come up, but I doubt much will really take hold, and also will survive the striggles of trying to out grow weeds
    weeds tend to win them wars, adn they grow faster and alrerady have deeper roots than a new plant

if you can get an ATV there you can work in a food plot if you have the time and willing to do the work
    drive atv there, spray site once green up happens
    many AG stores rent Tillers, if you don;t have one, many tillers can be put on a small trailer and hauled in there, and work that site after it dies down
    , or you can invest in a small disc made just for an ATV, the heavier made the better it will work, but sadly they don't come cheap, a decent one will run 600-700 bucks, but will last a LONG time, so over the yrs, its a cheap investment, and in todays world, they sell fast used too, so you can always flip it
    or go to farm estate auctions,a look for an old drag harrow, they are almost all made in sections, and a section is about 3 ft wide, and can be taken apart and used behind an atv real easy, and many old harrows can be found dirt cheap, I bought several over the past few yrs for like 50 bucks, and ended up taking them apart and sell ing them , and made more money back than I spent
    I have used one for about 15 yrs behind my atv too, so I know they can work and they are easy again to find if you just drive about old farms, most older farms have one sitting in there yard some where on the property, as NO farmers use them these days, so they just sit, and most will again sell, due to that, theer just iron lawn ornaments now! so cash talks

or if your willing to actually do hard work, a pick and a shovel and a rake can make a plot happen too, but it will take a lot longer and put your back to the test!
    but I have done many like that yrs back, before ATV's were common!(late 80's) so like they say where there is a will, there is a way!

and that makes since, i do have access to a larger tiller but i know ill have to spend alot of time getting that thing running again, cause its been sitting in a shead for years LOL. ill work on the access road too and see if i cant get the tractor up there as well, that might be better for long term anyway.

Thread Information