Thread: Need honest suggestions on best rests

Need honest suggestions on best rests

I shoot the PSE bowmadness xs and have an octane hostage pro currently on it. However, like the other 99.9 percent of people who use these rests, the bristles have worn out by the end of the season. Trying to decide if I should order replacements and keep this rest, or switch to a dropaway. I realize 10 people could have 10 different opinions on what the best rest is. Any and all information is helpful. Thanks!

well the way I would tell you to look at it is this, are you happy with the accuracy you get with currect set up?
    do you like how it holds the arrow
    as all rests have pro's and con's
    it comes down to what YOU like, more than anything
    my opinion on drop away rest is this , say over say a wisker type rest is, they just have a LOT more moving parts , and as we all know anything that can move, can do just that
    more parts, higher odds of a failure, or that's my opinion(not saying there not good, many are great rest)
    I hunted with a drop away rest for almost 10 yrs, so I can say I liked mine, but it had its moments over the yrs I almost threw my bow
    but that was a very early design, stopped bow hunting a few yrs back due to a back injury
    but I still say if you were happy with what you had, why change?
    once a yr to have to replace one part?? doesn't sound so bad to me
    I will add this too
    some claim that ice will freeze up them WB type rests, and all I can say to that is, well moving parts freeze too, so??? if ice will build on one, it will effect the other as well!

I really like the drop away rest with a top containment arm. I personally use Ripcord drop away arrow rest. I love it. Works very well. Always out of the way for for a clean shot. I've had it for 2 years now with no problems. Good luck with your choice. It gets trick cuz there are so many options.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

I use a qad HD pro that gives me full containment. Never had a problem. My wife shoots one as well. I've shot it in some seriously cold freezing rain situations and it worked as designed.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

QAD is my favorite, get the hd tho, had them for years, and not one problem

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    I have been using the QAD for several years now and it is a real good rest. Can be very difficult to get good fletching clearance, especially with Blazer vanes though. I asked this question a while back on several other forums and the overwhelming response was a limb driven rest like what Vapor Trail offers. My only problem was when I asked about them at the local shop where I bought my bow from, they weren't familiar with them and recommended the QAD again. Spent the better part of the summer tweaking each arrow to get that clearance and still not sure if I am happy with my decision.

I have never had a clearance problem with mine, there are two different launchers though I think, used the deeper one

QAD hands down.

Thread Information