Saturday 12/7/13, a group of us were doing deer drives in the afternoon trying to make something happen. Myself and 2 others were driving for the rest of the group. Five shots rang out as we made our way through some very think junk on top of the hill. When I made it off the top and down to the others, I found out one in the group wounded a deer. With snow on the ground, the father of the hunter who wounded the animal and I took up the trail with hopes of catching up to the animal. It didn't take long. The father tracked the animal down into a holler and I stayed up on a shelf to watch out ahead of him. He yelled the deer was heading to me and the deer came out of the brush, obviously hit, and I took the shot and put the animal down. After making his way back up the hill, I told him we needed to go get the hunter who shot it so they could tag it. He said "No, you killed it." Prior to tracking, we did not discuss anything about who would tag the animal. I assumed his kid would tag it since she shot it. I didn't argue with him about it to much, but I let him know I was rather pissed for having to burn a tag for mercy killing a deer his kid shot. I don't know why he didn't have his kid go with us, but I thought I was helping him out in recovering the deer. So needless to say, he gets no more help from me. The year before, I helped him track one on the same hill because he made a poor shot and we never did find that animal. I donated the meat to farmers and hunters feeding the hungry.