Thread: Lesson learned from gun season.

Hybrid View

well legally if you kill the deer, you legally cannot have another person tag it, that's the law in most states
    by shooting a deer with intentions of another tagging it also is WAY in the gray area
    that said, I have been in your shoes a few times, and I help end the suffering, some times I even ate a buck tag due to the first shooter leaving??
    and that sucks a lot more than loosing a doe tag, but its the right thing to do
    I would have said something ebfor etracking, all the more so if I seen the kid wasn't taking [part in the tracking, that would have been a red flag to me right there LOl
    but hey, some times doing the right thing is the reward, so be glad you did it, even if it cost you a tag, Karma, can go both ways on you and them, maybe next yr you will kill that bg one, and they will go deer less!

I can still kill a buck so I am thankful that it wasn't a one. The kid blew it off like, "thank god I didn't kill that little thing". This hunter killed a nice 8-point that week before, in the same place again she shot this one, during the youth season and I think that's why she showed little interest.

well thats how some kids get spoiled, there parents or who ever takes them hunting lets them get away with things like this, and then later on they either smarten up, or get worse into the gray area, or loose interest in hunting all together
    I think a lot of kids hunt to make parents happy, more than they want to, too!

Thread Information