Thread: New to the Site!

New to the Site!

Hey everyone! Been browsing the forum for awhile and decided to join. Im 22 yrs. old and new to bow hunting. I bought a compound and love it. This archery season has been my first and it has had ups and downs. I have private permission and its a nice property. Made some bad shots and bad decisions on stand locations that have haunted me all season. I want to fill a tag and am crazy enough to spend late season trying to accomplish that. I want to wait till after Christmas to get back it it due to the pressure of gun season. What is some tips to a novice on late season bow? Whats the key to success?

Find there food source and travel routes to it.

89 tracker about covered it. Late season is about food. Find what they are eating and they will be back
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Find the Food! then the trick is figuring out when the deer are moving. Deer where I hunt move at weird times during the late season. Sometimes varying from day to day. so if you can figure out the best times to be on stand it'll be a big help! I'm not sure even the toughest of hunters can stay in the stand very long with the temps we've been having lately!

Good Luck!

and welcome to the site

Welcome to the site!!!....like they've all said....food....food....food and their routes to the food!! That's what they want and need when it's cold.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

yep food and stay warm dress in layers

Welcome. Did anyone say food?
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Quote Originally Posted by radicalxl View Post
    Welcome. Did anyone say food?
    Haaaa......no....that's a great piece of advice Rad!!!!!lol
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Thread Information