Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Season!!!!!

Gun Season!!!!!

Although I don't gun hunt I know alot of people that do in different places. The stories I am hearing are no one is seeing anything and if they do it is only one deer. What is everyone else either seeing or hearing? Just curious!

well I gun hunt, here in pa, I more or less go out to catch trespassers, got 4 guys yesterday, but also seen a nice 110 inch 8 I passed on, and then one doe, super slow day here, not too many shots either, considering we have like 750,000 gun hunters in Pa
    also seen one real pretty mink yesterday, haven't seen one of them in a long time, forgot how cool they are to watch run about, they always seem like everything is a game to them and having fun lol

also, stopped at my buddy's butcher shop, and he had about a 1/3 the amount of deer as iof last yr opening day, but all bucks, just 2 doe, but some slammer bucks too
    so quality of bucks seems up for my area, or thats all there shooting, and maybe leaving smaller one be

I saw a few yesterday but not much at all considering. My dad says six guys only saw 6 does yesterday and there was very little shooting up at the family hunting cabin. So it seems pretty slow. They had 12 inches or more of snow up at the cabin so Im sure that slowed everything down a bit.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

My in-law took me out yesterday morning to Vinton county. A nice 8pt walked by at 60yds at like 7:45am so I decided I was going to shoot. This is my 1st buck and my 2nd year hunting. Not much of a gun hunter but the opportunity was there. I know it doesn't count towards team Hatfield but It was to hard to pass on. Good luck to all those gun hunting for the week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	10467
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

That is a very nice buck. Congrats. No shame in shooting one with a gun
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I would take the shot too. Nice Buck

Well you're going to get the same story from me...haven't seen one single deer this week. Hunting my uncles property, which we always see deer on. Not a huge chunk of land but deer are always moving through. Haven't seen one yet or even heard to many shots. Actually sitting in the stands now bored out of my mind, lol.

well day 2 and again a SLOW day, hunted all day, and only seen one small bear, and 5 hunters, all trespassing too!
    but not a single shot near me all day, closest shot was a many miles away far far off and that was about noon time, all evening dead quiet!
    deer are so nocturnal now its crazy, pulled sd cards on 4 cam's
    all pic's are from 11pm till about 4 am and then not a critter
    been this way and getting worse every yr
    like deer only move more or less in the dar, ovnce that velvet comes off and the bucks start to get shot!
    crazy hard hunting like this! unless you maybe do drives??

I'm from PA also. Pretty good here in 4E. Two 8 pointers and a 5 on the first day on our property. Today my best friend took a beautiful 9 pointer out of my gun stand. I was lucky enough to take a big 8 on Halloween with the bow. It's been a pretty good year compared to last year.

Thread Information