Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Season!!!!!

Nice looking deer for sure. Congrats to both of you.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

well didn't hunt this morning, lack of motivation LOL
    but got out this evening, looked like rain, and foggy, got on stand at 1 pm, at 1;15 p it started to pour, and fog rolled in and and out all the while , while it rained , heavy then light then heavy
    seen a big long beard gobble, then a red fox, then another red fox, then two small bucks, and then to doe
    and that was it, only heard 2 rifle shots , and both were again trespassers on the lands that border me, I say trespassers, as there is NO hunting allowed on the lands, so any shots there are???? oh well what can I do!

Thanks guys. Yes, it's private land. My family owns a little over 200 acres. I've been pretty patient over the past several years and let the little ones go. It's really starting to pay off. Our doe season starts Saturday and this will be the first year in about 7 years that I've taken a doe. Good luck to you guys!

My father and I sat sun up to sun down Monday and neither of us saw a single deer. Everyone I have talked to is having a slow week here in NE Ohio.

Congrats on a nice Buck !!!

shot a doe at 510 Wednesday evening will post pics later

Co grants oo
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

well 12/7/2013 , finally got some better weather, well sort of
    had rain all day yesterday that turned to sleet then snow over night
    made everything have an inch of snow and a half inch of ice on it, super crunchy in the AM, just 22 degree's and a slight wind
    at 9 am I heard some noise, then had 4 doe coming running at me, jumped by hunters I gather
    they were on the other side of a stream, about 15 ft across, and due to 3 days of rain, it went from about 2 ft to about 6 ft deep
    they jumped in like it was summer time, swam across teh swift currect like a duck, nothing but there head sticking out, hit dirt shok off and back to running full steam ahead, ran as far as I could hear them way past being bale to see them??
    hardly any shooting today at all, teribl;e for a first saturday of gun season and having snow on the ground
    last light I had 3 more doe show up, and that was it
    but first time I seen a few der in 5 days of hunting sun up till dark, so, try again on Monday(no Sunday hunting here)

Anyone planning on going out for the last day of gun season? My guess is there will be a lot of shooting going on trying to get deer down on the last day.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

my last day is next Saturday LOL
    and the way deer have been so nocturnal in my area, don't think its going to make anyone's kill easy!
    people will need to start doing drives to make deer move, if not, its going to be a low deer kill yr in my area
    a double edge sword, good to have bucks make it, but I already have way too many doe/ deer
    so less killed, means more mouths to fill all yr and less food plot come next hunting season with so many eating
    and lower weights too, due to less food per deer!

Good luck to anyone hunting today!

Thread Information